Need a new 1080p Gaming Monitor <300€/$

I have 300€ to spend on a new monitor (I currently have a 900p LG tv/monitor); I doesn't have to be 300, if you find something that fits me at around 200€ I'm very open to it.
I'd wait for a nice G-Sync monitor but there seems to be no plans for an affordable 24" 60Hz 1080p monitor...

The features I'm looking for are:

-1080p, nothing more, nothing less
-5ms response time or less
-23-24" screen size
-at least 2 inputs, preferably 1HDMI for Xbox360 support + 1 DVI  (2 HDMIs are fine)
-either a good color/viewing angles TN panel, just if 120/144Hz refresh rate, or a nice IPS 60Hz panel (I don't think there are any "gaming" 120Hz IPS monitor...)

I want a good gaming monitor, but I'm not willing to sacrifice good image quality (I occasionally use Photoshop and Premiere).
I don't want a professional grade IPS monitor, I just don't want to look at crappy colors either. but if there's a good TN panel for gaming (120Hz, good response times etc.) with good colors and viewing angles that fits my budget that's my choice.

Some monitors I'm interested in:
-Asus VG248QE (fits my budget, real nice gaming features like 144Hz, 3D etc... not sure about image quality though)
-Asus VN248H (IPS, not sure about gaming performance this time around)
-Asus MX239H (AH-IPS, better image quality but still, not sure about gaming performance)
-AOC I2367FH (IPS, same as above)

Let's see your suggestions and thanks for the help (bear in mind i'm from Italy, you can check prices on Amazon.it if you're not sure)

I have 300€ to spend on a new monitor (I currently have a 900p LG tv/monitor); I doesn't have to be 300, if you find something that fits me at around 200€ I'm very open to it.
I'd wait for a nice G-Sync monitor but there seems to be no plans for an affordable 24" 60Hz 1080p monitor...

First question should be what country? You should add your country to your profile so we can help with purchases. Not all European countries have the same prices and choices. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

First question should be what country? You should add your country to your profile so we can help with purchases. Not all European countries have the same prices and choices. 

I specified it in the post: Italy.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

How does it perform on gaming? 8ms response time seems a little high... specially for twitch fps games

There are response test results in that page, its perfect.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Spoiler

The features I'm looking for are:

-1080p, nothing more, nothing less
-5ms response time or less
-23-24" screen size
-at least 2 inputs, preferably 1HDMI for Xbox360 support + 1 DVI  (2 HDMIs are fine)
-either a good color/viewing angles TN panel, just if 120/144Hz refresh rate, or a nice IPS 60Hz panel (I don't think there are any "gaming" 120Hz IPS monitor...)

I want a good gaming monitor, but I'm not willing to sacrifice good image quality (I occasionally use Photoshop and Premiere).

I don't want a professional grade IPS monitor, I just don't want to look at crappy colors either. but if there's a good TN panel for gaming (120Hz, good response times etc.) with good colors and viewing angles that fits my budget that's my choice.

Some monitors I'm interested in:

-Asus VG248QE (fits my budget, real nice gaming features like 144Hz, 3D etc... not sure about image quality though)

-Asus VN248H (IPS, not sure about gaming performance this time around)
-Asus MX239H (AH-IPS, better image quality but still, not sure about gaming performance)
-AOC I2367FH (IPS, same as above)

Let's see your suggestions and thanks for the help (bear in mind i'm from Italy, you can check prices on Amazon.it if you're not sure)

The VG248QE has pretty good quality for a TN gaming panel. 

Any of the IPS panels you listed are solid options.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How does it perform on gaming? 8ms response time seems a little high... specially for twitch fps games

response times that are quoted are complete bullcrap and and meaningless. You have to look at the overall input lag and not a single monitor manufacturer gives that number (because it's hard to measure and it would make a monitor seem worse). I saw the U2414H costs 300 Euro exactly on amazon Italy. If you want to save some money you should go with the U2312HM, which is pretty much just as good and is also great for gaming (low input lag and response time). 

lag2.jpg

7752.jpg

Especially for 300 Euros, it's not worth it at all.

Very TN panel  :(

For gaming and at 144Hz it's a pretty good monitor. No TN monitor is as good as a similar priced PN or IPS but for gaming, especially FPS every little advantage counts. If OP isn't playing FPS I would say IPS from dell or a nice asus one. But for online FPS gaming even not in a competitive placement the refresh rate is king. 

Also for you hyped for G-sync this monitor can be modded to have G-sync. 

For gaming and at 144Hz it's a pretty good monitor. No TN monitor is as good as a similar priced PN or IPS but for gaming, especially FPS every little advantage counts. If OP isn't playing FPS I would say IPS from dell or a nice asus one. But for online FPS gaming even not in a competitive placement the refresh rate is king. 

But he said he needs color too... Refresh rate is less important than input lag still, imo.

Spoiler

But he said he needs color too... Refresh rate is less important than input lag still, imo.

The asus does have good color, for TN. Yet again it's not IPS.

The asus does have good color, for TN. Yet again it's not IPS.

Dell is factory calibrated to 96%, definitely can't beat that  :)

Spoiler

Dell is factory calibrated to 96%, definitely can't beat that  :)

Never said it could. But if he wants a decent picture NOT IPS QUALITY and a high refresh rate and the ability to get G-sync in the future the asus is the way to go. 

The VG248QE has pretty good quality for a TN gaming panel. 

That's the problem... how good is it? I've never seen it in person, it's hard to quantify "good", isn't it?

Is it above an average LED Backlit LCD Display? chosing between 144Hz TN and IPS is so hard...

That's the problem... how good is it? I've never seen it in person, it's hard to quantify "good", isn't it?

Is it above an average LED Backlit LCD Display? chosing between 144Hz TN and IPS is so hard...

Unless you already have a gpu that will consistently give you anywhere close to 144 fps when gaming, I don't see the point in getting that. And heck you could probably overclock the ips monitor to 70 or 75hz if you wanted. 

I know it can be modded, that's also why I'm so inconclusive, however (at least for now) I really don't have other money to buy the DIY Kit. I can't even imagine how much it's gonna cost here in Italy. In the future though, instead of buying a new monitor this would be a great solution...

Unless you already have a gpu that will consistently give you anywhere close to 144 fps when gaming, I don't see the point in getting that. And heck you could probably overclock the ips monitor to 70 or 75hz if you wanted. 

BF4 on medium to low settings... I can get around 100 I think

I play BF4 on medium to low settings... I can get around 100.

whhhy? It's not like you're going to see the 100fps on the 60hz monitor you have now? With a 660 you should probably put it on high settings. 

So... we narrowed this to 2 monitors for about 300€:

Asus VG248QE:

Pros                                                        Cons
144Hz awesome refresh rate                  TN Panel, averagely good colors from what I hear

G-Sync Upgradeable                              "OK" viewing angles

Dell U2414H:

Pros                                                        Cons

IPS Panel, very good image quality         Not G-Sync upgradeable

Great viewing angles                               Only 60Hz

Very good response time for IPS

BF4 on medium to low settings... I can get around 100.

100 fps is not enough for 144hz or 120hz.

Spoiler

whhhy? It's not like you're going to see the 100fps on the 60hz monitor you have now? With a 660 you should probably put it on high settings. 

on my 900p monitor I play on medium to high (something ultra like textures and such) and I get between 80 to 120Hz with no MSAA. Trust me, you can feel the game is more responsive when you're above 60Hz, not smoother visually (in fact there's a lot of tearing), but I can feel better mouse responsiveness.

BTW I have a 660 (OC) :D