Harddrive gone missing

redbullvodka

Hello

So, I have 3 SSDs and 1 HDD in my pc.One SSD for bootdrive, two for games, and the HDD for masstorage and documents like resumes and shit that I'd like to save. HDD is not old, like one year max, 1TB.

2 days ago, no issues, I could watch my 100% legally obtained movies (don't question it) and all that, but yesterday it just straight up disappeared from my file explorer. It still exists in BIOS and in diskmanager, no issues there, but it's just gone. I don't know where to start looking even xd

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T || PSU: Corsair RM650i || Mobo: Asus RoG Strix Z270E || CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H110i v2 || RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16GB White LED || GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB GAMING X || SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, Samsung MZ1280 M.2 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Disk managment sees the disk? Does it show the partitions on it?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Look in Disk Management and see if it still has a drive letter. The drive may have set itself to Offline (don't know why that would happen though).

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Look in Disk Management and see if it still has a drive letter. The drive may have set itself to Offline (don't know why that would happen though).

damn, you were right, it didn't have a drive letter. It's pretty damn empty now, no idea what could've happened to it, but it exists again atleast

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T || PSU: Corsair RM650i || Mobo: Asus RoG Strix Z270E || CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H110i v2 || RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16GB White LED || GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB GAMING X || SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, Samsung MZ1280 M.2 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Just now, redbullvodka said:

damn, you were right, it didn't have a drive letter. It's pretty damn empty now, no idea what could've happened to it, but it exists again atleast

Well, don't format it. You may be able to recover a lot of the data.