Asrock X570 itx

Amofiav

I'm mulling over options for a new build. Will the ASRock x570 phantom gaming itx/tb3 need a bios update to recognize an Ryzen 3700x?

? why would it? X570 board are ryzen 3rdgen/zen2 ready out of the box :) 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

thanks. Haven't built a pc in about 15yrs. Just double checking. Listed my PC Build a few hrs ago and no opinions. Figured i'd continue with some research in the mean time.

@Amofiav

you mean this list?

Do you really intend going with an ITX case? BC that bitfenix is HUGE, you can get smaller-more compact mATX cases. Then you'd have the option for going with mATX board, even MSI B450M Mortar MAX (B450 MAX msi boards are ready for ryzen 3000 series out-of-the-box, and their VRM is more than capable enough for handling 8core cpu-s, even overclocked :)

Would you consider a B450M& microATX build?

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

yep thats the one. the case is the only thing purchased so far. so that ship has sailed. This was my fall back case because what i wanted was way out of the price range.

Honestly I'd go for the Aorus Pro Wifi itx over the Asrock X570 Gaming itx, it's cheaper and has pretty much the same features. Even better a B450 itx board. You can message the seller before purchase to see if the board has been updated or it will say in the product description, most new batches of B450 and X470 have the update.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Originally i was going with the asus z390 and i9-9900k. BUT that cpu is pretty expensive for what i had in mind but intel supposedly is a better cpu for my purpose. I found that isn't completely true and i could run 3700x for cheaper and a probably a little better experience over a i7-9700k. this is my rabbit hole :) it isn't too late to about face.

spooky agreed that $240 is a bit much. the z390 i was originally looking at was $200 kindda gave up on waiting for the Asus x570 itx board.

Should i follow the rabbit hole and stay AMD or find my way out?

4 hours ago, Amofiav said:

Originally i was going with the asus z390 and i9-9900k. BUT that cpu is pretty expensive for what i had in mind but intel supposedly is a better cpu for my purpose. I found that isn't completely true and i could run 3700x for cheaper and a probably a little better experience over a i7-9700k. this is my rabbit hole :) it isn't too late to about face.

spooky agreed that $240 is a bit much. the z390 i was originally looking at was $200 kindda gave up on waiting for the Asus x570 itx board.

Should i follow the rabbit hole and stay AMD or find my way out?

At this point in time I'd say go for AMD, If I were in need of  a system right now I'd go for the 3700X and a highend B450 motherboard. I've done both Intel and AMD over the years and have mainly been an Intel guy but right now AMD is where it's at. The 3000 series chips are fantastic price to performance, a lot of the builds I've been doing for clients have been Ryzen 3000 systems and so far no issues, and as I said before the price to performance is just awesome.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I'm not in need of a system right now....BUT my trigger finger is getting itchy.

Thx spooky and vegnemojnen