How Important is Multi-Rendering? (as opposed to Texture Detail and Splatting)

I've been looking at User Benchmark scores, more specifically comparing the RX 5700 XT to its Nvidia counterparts, and it looks like Nvidia's main advantage is the Multi-Rendering benchmark.

AMD leads in other categories.

In the sense of Texture Detail and Splatting, it even outperforms the 2080 Super. However, I know for a fact that the XT cannot be as good as the 2080S. Which leads me to pose the question you see in the title: What should one prioritize: Multi-Rendering or Texture Detail and Splatting when evaluating a GPU?

If we prioritize multi-rendering, the 5700 XT is 50% slower than a 2060 Super. But if we factor in the other two, then the 5700 XT is on-par with the 2070 Super.

... I take it that Splatting is mostly for simulations and particle effects, and Texture Detail is side-by-side with Multi-Rendering, with the latter being slightly more geared towards gaming, but that is just a guess based on the descriptions on the site. I'd rather hear the opinion of somebody who understands these terms better.

So which is the "primary" category?

What are you looking at exactly? Userbenchmark is a joke - don't pay attention to anything they say or do. They're openly attacking media outlets in their about page for no proper reason.

I was just trying to compare the RX 5700 XT to Nvidia's products.

I want to see how it fares against the 1080, 2070, and the "Super" series.

I was looking at this btw https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070S-Super-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4048vs4045

Seemed pretty straightforward; conveniently the first result as well.

2 minutes ago, Katarn said:

The 5700 XT is 5-6% behind the 2070 Super - just use regular benchmark sources like Gamers Nexus or Hardware Unboxed

1 hour ago, Katarn said:

I was looking at this btw https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070S-Super-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4048vs4045

Seemed pretty straightforward; conveniently the first result as well.

Nvidia GPUs excel in geometry throughput compare to AMD, it is one of Radeon GPU weakness prior to Navi. Navi bring the gap closer but still not on par with Turing/Pascal. 

Real games depends on a lot of things, not just geometry throughput. Userbench Parallax, MRender, Gravity & Splatting test is only a small fractions of techniques game developer use to make games. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |