3700X temp fluctuating

Hi, Donki McClure and you may remember me from such threads as "What ram sould I buy" and "Worried with my 3700X temps", and now I wanna comment with you one thing that gets me annoyed.

While gaming the temperature measured with RIvaTuner is continously fluctiating betweet 10ºC, for example, it goes 70ºC and then it goes down to 60ºC. Once the temp is on 60ºC, goes again to 70ºC. Every time it goes down, it does it gradually, but it reachs the 70ºC instantly, you can see the temp for example like: 68ºC, 65ºC, 63ºC, 61ºC, 70ºC, 68ºC, 65ºC, 63ºC, 61ºC, 70ºC. And it never stops.

Is this normal? Is the 1st time I've seen this.

2 minutes ago, Donki Knog said:

Hi, Donki McClure and you may remember me from such threads as "What ram sould I buy" and "Worried with my 3700X temps", and now I wanna comment with you one thing that gets me annoyed.

While gaming the temperature measured with RIvaTuner is continously fluctiating betweet 10ºC, for example, it goes 70ºC and then it goes down to 60ºC. Once the temp is on 60ºC, goes again to 70ºC. Every time it goes down, it does it gradually, but it reachs the 70ºC instantly, you can see the temp for example like: 68ºC, 65ºC, 63ºC, 61ºC, 70ºC, 68ºC, 65ºC, 63ºC, 61ºC, 70ºC. And it never stops.

Welcome to AMD my friend. My 2700X those the exact same thing. Even on idle

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

4 minutes ago, Donki Knog said:

That's how CPUs behave when the load changes frequently. Also, use Ryzen Master or HWiNFO to track thermals as Riva Tuner won't pick up Ryzen values very reliably.

Anyhow, you're perfectly fine. 70C is more than okay for a high end CPU

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Welcome to AMD my friend. My 2700X those the exact same thing. Even on idle

That's just the software being broken on idles. Only Ryzen Master will accurately report idle temps, voltage and clocks

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

That's just the software being broken on idles. Only Ryzen Master will accurately report idle temps, voltage and clocks

Sure.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

10 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

That's how CPUs behave when the load changes frequently. Also, use Ryzen Master or HWiNFO to track thermals as Riva Tuner won't pick up Ryzen values very reliably.

Anyhow, you're perfectly fine. 70C is more than okay for a high end CPU

Is there any program to monitoring the temp while I am playing? I don't wanna to do AltTab to see it xD

Just now, Donki Knog said:

Is there any program to monitoring the temp while I am playing? I don't wanna to do AltTab to see it xD

Just enable HWiNFO logging. But temps will always fluctuate with load. The only way to have a constant thermal result is constant load. So just do an Aida64 stress test and if temps are fine, just ignore them ingame

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Just enable HWiNFO logging. But temps will always fluctuate with load. The only way to have a constant thermal result is constant load. So just do an Aida64 stress test and if temps are fine, just ignore them ingame

Just noticed that HWiNFO has a section for RivaTuner, so, thank you!

And than you all who posted in the thread :3

I used to have a Ryzen 7 1700. My frames were constantly dropping during gaming or heavy tasks. After some diagnostics and monitoring it was the cpu downclocking itself quite a bit while under heavy load. I was able to remedy the problem by applying a small overclock and disabling "AMD Cool n Quiet" within the bios, although I believe some MB manufacturers have removed this option.

Unless it's causing an issue in performance it's fine.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

1 minute ago, Brent744 said:

I used to have a Ryzen 7 1700. My frames were constantly dropping during gaming or heavy tasks. After some diagnostics and monitoring it was the cpu downclocking itself quite a bit while under heavy load. I was able to remedy the problem by applying a small overclock and disabling "AMD Cool n Quiet" within the bios, although I believe some MB manufacturers have removed this option.

Unless it's causing an issue in performance it's fine.

That was a brief BIOS issue. All resolved now