Blue switches for gaming?

Gapi

So I'm looking for a gaming keyboard and I'm confused. According to the guide on this forum for mechanical keyboards blue switches are bad for gaming, so I thought mx brown would be good. There's a lot of reddragon keyboard I've been looking at which are all gaming but they have blue switches? Some of them feel really good like the Reddragon Kala, so is it good for gaming? Should I look for a keyboard with brown switches or blue?

6 minutes ago, Gapi said:

So I'm looking for a gaming keyboard and I'm confused. According to the guide on this forum for mechanical keyboards blue switches are bad for gaming, so I thought mx brown would be good. There's a lot of reddragon keyboard I've been looking at which are all gaming but they have blue switches? Some of them feel really good like the Reddragon Kala, so is it good for gaming? Should I look for a keyboard with brown switches or blue?

Brown would be better for gaming, or even red. How about this one : https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-K556-Mechanical-Keyboard-Aluminum/dp/B01NAI2TXC

or this one with reds https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Mechanical-Keyboard-Keys-Linear-Quiet-Red/dp/B07KCRTN9Q

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

Thanks! Do you think brown or red is better? Red feels better for me, but I heard it's harder to type on it.

1 minute ago, Gapi said:

Thanks! Do you think brown or red is better? Red feels better for me, but I heard it's harder to type on it.

That's kinda personal, get the ones that feel better for you, might be some learning curve till you get use to them, but other than that, should be fine. Have you tried some switches though? If so, and reds felt better, get those then.

Blues and other click jacket switches will take longer to reset due to something called hysteresis where the reset point is higher up compared to the actuation point. If you want something clicky without hysteresis try Box Whites, and if you want something more tactile Box Jades, or heavier Pale Blues/Navys

I've gamed on Outemu Blues and from my experience, Blues will affect your gaming a bit due to the reset nature that click jackets/click bars have, versus something like a Red which is linear i.e straight down and straight up which makes for easy and quick strafing.

While you can game on them, there are switches that will benefit you better in faster-paced gaming environments.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

8 hours ago, Gapi said:

switches are bad for gaming,

Never had issues myself. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Better grab a linear switches like the Red Switches but if you opt to use the Blue switches why dont you use the Ducky one 2 SF. But You can find better keyboard with full format layout. Personally I like the TKL and 65% keyboards.