Real Talk need advice (slightly depressing)

scobie56

Hi all, 

little warning, gonna be a Long and maybe slight depressing story but I just need your guys help with something

I went out for a drink with someone I haven’t spoken to in a year or two and we bumped into a really close friend of mine. We had a couple of drinks With him and we were ready to go but my close friend wanted a few more drinks so we stayed but I didn’t drink anymore. Next thing you know he’s ordered a bottle of wine and some high percentage pints of beer (2-3 pints) for himself and drinks it all pretty quickly 

***Slightly graphic*** 

next thing he’s in the bathroom throwing up all over the place and over himself, he then disappears and I got a call from some girl who I haven’t spoken to since I left school (3-4 years ago) saying she found my friend throwing up outside a store laying in his sick.

**slightly depressing**
 After spending about 20 minutes trying to get up and walking he started talking to me about him being really depressed lately and trying to put on a face to hide it and letting it Bottle up inside of him. He told me that breaking up with his gf tipped him over the edge and he started drinking and doing some drugs to let it all out. He’s started doing this a lot more and tonight definitely wasn’t the first time he’s got this bad. He was saying he just gets drunk and takes drugs when he gets in a really bad mental state.

i don’t know what to say to him and don’t known how to help him or what to do. I’ve spoken to a few friend and they also don’t know what to say.

I just don’t want him to do anything stupid. Any help will be really appreciated 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Have you talked since this incident? You could reach out and ask if he wants to talk about anything? It seems that he could use a friend and in his drunken state reached out. Don't press the issue if he doesn't want to talk but make it clear that you're always available if he does.

In general I'd suggest making efforts to communicate and hangout more with him. I'd try to make a regular weekly thing when you do something together. I wouldn't force it by outright saying 'let's do such and such together every week', but more casually by asking 'hey I'm planning on doing such and such, you want to join'.

6 hours ago, harryk said:

Have you talked since this incident? You could reach out and ask if he wants to talk about anything? It seems that he could use a friend and in his drunken state reached out. Don't press the issue if he doesn't want to talk but make it clear that you're always available if he does.

In general I'd suggest making efforts to communicate and hangout more with him. I'd try to make a regular weekly thing when you do something together. I wouldn't force it by outright saying 'let's do such and such together every week', but more casually by asking 'hey I'm planning on doing such and such, you want to join'.

I’ll give that a shot man, cheers 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW