Pass thru USB webcam from Rpi4 to Windows

Hi All,

I am trying to get a RPi4 running raspbian to rdp to a Windows PC and pass thru the locally attached USB webcam.

So far I have the rdp working using xfreerdp and have tried various syntax versions to pass the USB but not even a locally attached memory stick will appear in the windows remote machine. 

Any help on this would be awesome.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, mr_m_cox said:

Hi All,

I am trying to get a RPi4 running raspbian to rdp to a Windows PC and pass thru the locally attached USB webcam.

So far I have the rdp working using xfreerdp and have tried various syntax versions to pass the USB but not even a locally attached memory stick will appear in the windows remote machine. 

Any help on this would be awesome.

Thanks

I would recommend setting it up as a IP camera where you can just type in the IP address in your browser. I have done this before and it is fairly easy. 

If you only want to use a Remote Desktop connection I would recomend using a screen sharing software and open up the camera feed on the RPI

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Ultimately I will need the cam to be accessible to windows for use in software like Teams. Would an ip mapping achieve this? 

1 hour ago, mr_m_cox said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Ultimately I will need the cam to be accessible to windows for use in software like Teams. Would an ip mapping achieve this? 

So your wanting to set up the RPI as a webcam?

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

My ultimate aim is to have the RPi4 attached to a TV in a meeting room. The Pi is then used only as a route through to the hyperV hosted windows VM. Basically the Pi is a thin client.

So far the RDP from RPi4 to windows works fine and the usb webcam works locally on the Pi. The cam can been seen by websites trying to use it in windows but then when you go to view the feed its just a camera icon with a strike through it. 

My hunch is that I need to route the audio/video somehow. 

Thanks,

Matt. 

Any further input or advise on this would be great.

Thanks!