Advice on laptop market needed

hhnm

Hi, I am looking to get a new laptop since my current one is slowly but steadily giving up on life. I am studying Computer Science so I want to be able to do my projects and potentially be able to use it in my first job/internship/whatevs(eventually).I am not really interested in gaming on my laptop since i already have a desktop PC.Battery life is not much of a concern since it will probably be plugged in.A screen on the larger size is preferable.. Any tips/buyers guide or actual product suggestions are welcome.

PS my budget is under 800EURO

do you care about weight? screen quality? what games do you play? do you need a good GPU?

Look at business laptops, definitely. You're a.professional and as such you should look at proper, durable, reliable machines. Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude or HP EliteBook. I'd say a ThinkPad E490 or EliteBook 840 G5/6

I second the E480. If you don't mind used and upgrading components, you can look for something like a T440p and upgrading. Octoperf's guide on upgrading a T440p. I was able to configure something for somebody for about $500 USD. i7-4710MQ, 90W AC adapter, 1080p display, 500 GB SSD, Kryonaut thermal paste, and 8 GB of RAM. The one I found had the SSD already, though.

6 hours ago, Saksham said:

do you care about weight? screen quality? what games do you play? do you need a good GPU?

I don't care about the weight ,1080p seems fine and i dont intend to play a lot of games on it