Display Issues - Screen Becomes like TV static

AbdulRehmaan

Hi, So today i was using pc normally when i ran into this problem. My entire monitor screen became like old TV static (See attachment) for 2-3 seconds and then went back to normal. This has happened to me for the second time. Any ideas about what might be causing this? Someone on the internet suggested me to change the display cable i'm using before panicking. This might be valid since the DVI cable i use seems pretty old. Other people are blaming the monitor, cable, GPU or the RAM. My PC's hardware is not VERY old but not recent as well. 

My LCD:

Dell u2212hm

1920x1080 (16:9)

60hz

My PC specs:

i7-4790

16.00 GB DDR3 1600mhz

MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 

Corsair HX620 80+ Silver

pleh.PNG

Try the cheapest option first. That's a rule of thumb with computers when you don't know what is causing an issue. Try a new cable. I have this problem with my PS3 sometimes and I have to replug in the HDMI cables. I'd say it's probably the cable. 

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

If the cable doesn't fix it, it's likely the monitor.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

• 2 years later...

Hey

I switched display cables and it did nothing for me.

What worked is that I changed the version of the DisplayPort Version through my monitor settings. It was at 1.4 and I switched it to 1.2 and now everything is as fine as before.

I knew the problem was not the monitor because when I would open my monitor settings no static appeared on it. Hope this helps