My First Gaming Build (Should I Be Worried)

lsis

Hello everyone! Unfortunately I didn't run into website before I went ahead and built my first gaming PC. Though rest assured, I did sufficient research on ALMOST every part I brought, and was accompanied by several friends who are more experienced in the field. So I was wondering if I may have your thoughts

CPU Intel i7-9700K

Motherboard : MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC 

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (3200)

Storage : Kingston 500 SSD, 1 TB HDD

GPU : Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (Msi) (Two fans included)

PSU : Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W Gold 80+

Case : Cooler Master Masterbox Pro 5 RGB

Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition  

This is meant to be used mostly for 2k 144hz gaming. The two main things I'm worried about here are the PSU and the Case. Now, when I went to the store, I had a completely different case in mind, but it just wasn't available. The seller suggested the Masterbox Pro, which I looked up and found that it had decent reviews. And it comes with 4 fans, so I was quick to agree. What I didn't realise however, was that it probably has almost no airflow. Especially since I plan on putting a 2070 super and i7-97000k, I assumed it may cause a problem. Some people still claim they run it with 2080 Ti's with zero issues, while others say the opposite. So I'm confused. 

What are your thoughts on this build? Can I add another cooler to make up for the airflow? Can I take off the front panel to increase ventilation? Or is there absolutely no hope but to get a different case? 

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you all! 

The 212 Evo won't be enough to cool the 9700K in demanding loads, especially if you have MCE enabled. If return it for a Dark Rock Pro 4.

Airflow is mostly fine. 

As for the PSU, the wattage is overkill and the quality is meh for the price. You got ripped off. A Corsair RMx 550W would have been a much better choice

EDIT: THE 9700K is also very poor value since the 3700X is the same price, runs much cooler, uses less power and has better overall performance

CAny ou swap with AMD for better price?. also what Kingston SSD? model? also the Hardisk Model? not only brand but the model too. and your PSU overkill

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The 212 Evo won't be enough to cool the 9700K in demanding loads, especially if you have MCE enabled. If return it for a Dark Rock Pro 4.

Airflow is mostly fine. 

As for the PSU, the wattage is overkill and the quality is meh for the price. You got ripped off. A Corsair RMx 550W would have been a much better choice

EDIT: THE 9700K is also very poor value since the 3700X is the same price, runs much cooler, uses less power and has better overall performance

I'll check if I can return the 212 Evo, but on the off-chance that I can't, would it be possible to have both coolers? Or is that not a good idea in the first place? Sorry I'm really new to this stuff, been a laptop gamer for years now!

Also, the main reason I went with that PSU is that it was on a really good sale and had a very long warranty. Is having an overkill PSU bad, or is it just that I could have spent less money?

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

CAny ou swap with AMD for better price?. also what Kingston SSD? model? also the Hardisk Model? not only brand but the model too. and your PSU overkill

I'm not too sure if I can, since my friend built the PC and I don't know if he opened the boxes in a... returnable fashion xD! The PC is working great though, still need to test temps in gaming. And I'm sorry but how can I check the exact models and brand of each hard drive? I opened device manager and here's what I got :

Kingston sa400s37480g , and WDC wd10ezex-08wn4a0.

Also, same question applies... Is having an overkill PSU bad for my system?

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, lsis said:

I'll check if I can return the 212 Evo, but on the off-chance that I can't, would it be possible to have both coolers? Or is that not a good idea in the first place? Sorry I'm really new to this stuff, been a laptop gamer for years now!

Also, the main reason I went with that PSU is that it was on a really good sale and had a very long warranty. Is having an overkill PSU bad, or is it just that I could have spent less money?

Thank you!

I'm not too sure if I can, since my friend built the PC and I don't know if he opened the boxes in a... returnable fashion xD! The PC is working great though, still need to test temps in gaming. And I'm sorry but how can I check the exact models and brand of each hard drive? I opened device manager and here's what I got :

Kingston sa400s37480g , and WDC wd10ezex-08wn4a0.

Also, same question applies... Is having an overkill PSU bad for my system?

Thank you!

You can't use two CPU coolers, no.

The warranty also doesn't mean anything for that power supply. It's not great. It's usually heavily overpriced and should cost 50% of what it normally does for me to even consider it okay

13 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You can't use two CPU coolers, no.

The warranty also doesn't mean anything for that power supply. It's not great. It's usually heavily overpriced and should cost 50% of what it normally does for me to even consider it okay

Ah, I see! I'll definitely try to swap CPU coolers then! And well, that's why I was slightly worried about the PSU, but it actually was on a very nice sale. Should I prioritize exchanging it as well or is a PSU overkill not harmful for a gaming system?

EDIT : Also, you mentioned something about MCE. How do I know if I have that enabled or disabled?

Edited by lsis

Just now, lsis said:

Ah, I see! I'll definitely try to swap CPU coolers then! And well, that's why I was slightly worried about the PSU, but it actually was on a very nice sale. Should I prioritize exchanging it as well or is a PSU overkill not harmful for a gaming system?

depend actually. but i mean for myself 650W is enough so you get extra 200W now TBH but it depend on how the Power Draw the electricity from the wall and usage. someone might understand it better

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |