Dash Camera

ahuckphin

I have a Xiaomi Mi Dash Cam. It records video in 2 minute clips. Can I change this to record for as long as the FAT32 file limiation would allow? 

I'd imagine that each of the 2 minute clips are just that, at the limit of the FAT32 file size limitation. How large is each 2 minute clip?

Is your dash cam meant to delete clips? Some dash cams do that so if ever there is a crash it won't be a 48 hours file that you have to export 

On 9/11/2019 at 10:33 AM, Pauleft said:

Is your dash cam meant to delete clips? Some dash cams do that so if ever there is a crash it won't be a 48 hours file that you have to export 

Plus it allows for rolling over. My dash cam saves in 3 min intervals, and deletes the oldest file when it runs out of space.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

36 minutes ago, brandishwar said:

Plus it allows for rolling over. My dash cam saves in 3 min intervals, and deletes the oldest file when it runs out of space.

Yeah then you have one of those advanced dash cams with all the features

On 9/10/2019 at 12:17 AM, HeartyTinman said:

I'd imagine that each of the 2 minute clips are just that, at the limit of the FAT32 file size limitation. How large is each 2 minute clip?

just checked, all the clips are only 232mb large