Need laptop under $1150 usd for gaming but not clunky

Looking to help my brother find a 15" gaming laptop with maximum price to performance with the added stipulation of wanting something on the sleeker and lightish. 

I'm m open to suggestions but I would prefer a ryzen 3rd gen but if nothing matches that's kind of spec I'm open to Intel as well. 

Would also like it to be vr ready with a good dedicated gpu. 

Thanks for the help :) 

16 minutes ago, SyfyGuy said:

You can either have a good laptop, or you can have it be thin.

Because you need proper cooling and all of that for something like a 1060 or 1660 which is about the minimum for VR.

Does it absolutely need to be a laptop? What about just an ITX desktop? As the GPU in that would be twice as fast for the money.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You can either have a good laptop, or you can have it be thin.

Because you need proper cooling and all of that for something like a 1060 or 1660 which is about the minimum for VR.

Does it absolutely need to be a laptop? What about just an ITX desktop? As the GPU in that would be twice as fast for the money.

Unfortunately it does need to be a laptop as he will be using it at school in the future, I am just concerned with keeping it light as he is a rather small highschooler at only 102 pounds ?

5 minutes ago, SyfyGuy said:

Unfortunately it does need to be a laptop as he will be using it at school in the future, I am just concerned with keeping it light as he is a rather small highschooler at only 102 pounds ?

Could always get a $900 Ish PC + a chromebook for portable stuff....

Otherwise a 1660ti Laptop appears to be around $1000
https://www.newegg.com/black-dell-g3-3590-gaming-entertainment/p/1TS-000A-05HR9

This one has a 120hz display for only a bit more, CPUs are likely pretty comparable.
https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-TUF505-Notebook-NVIDIA-Windows/dp/B07T3G4N7Z/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=1660ti+laptop&qid=1567829476&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVDRHNktKMjVKRVlIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTIxNjU2WU0xTVI1UzBMVjlZJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0NzEyOTQzSzVEQlEyQjIzWjJHJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Or better yet this one's $1100 with a 6 core CPU. Least amount of battery life most likely.
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-9750H-Keyboard-PH315-52-78VL/dp/B07QXLFLXT/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1660ti+laptop&qid=1567829476&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Could also just get like a $400-$500 R5 2400U or R5 3400U machine that will run esports games fine

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?