Compatibility question About Fans i have recently bought for my PC.

Noltez

When building my PC i over looked the fact the my Aer Rgb 2 fans will only work with the hue 2.I was Wondering since i got them on a pretty big sale and dont have the hue two lighting system, if they would work Just as fans pluged into my motherboard, i dont mind that i wouldnt have RGB, Just wondering if they would work. 

2 minutes ago, Noltez said:

When building my PC i over looked the fact the my Aer Rgb 2 fans will only work with the hue 2.I was Wondering since i got them on a pretty big sale and dont have the hue two lighting system, if they would work Just as fans pluged into my motherboard, i dont mind that i wouldnt have RGB, Just wondering if they would work. 

yes, all fans will work by plugging them into either the motherboard or some sort of controller.  In your case the lights might work but just stay a solid color but the fans will work no problems

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Fans work universally across all brands. That connection is standard. RGB is different matter and compatibility is only to mobo (if so stated). Not between fan manufacturers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv