Phone isn’t connecting properly

I was trying to connect my samsung smartphone with pc by usb cable.It's detecting my phone also creating a folder by my phone's name but the problem is all the folder inside my file manager is empty.I've tried different port and phone but still same problem.So what is the main problem? Is it my pc? Or my usb cable also if it's a usb cable problem then it shouldn’t be detected by pc at the first place

P.S: I've turned on usb debugging setting already also clicked all necessary steps in my phone everytime it even sharing the hotspot.Just not loading the file inside my phones drive.

Thank you  

On 9/5/2019 at 4:51 PM, Budhopo said:

I was trying to connect my samsung smartphone with pc by usb cable.It's detecting my phone also creating a folder by my phone's name but the problem is all the folder inside my file manager is empty.I've tried different port and phone but still same problem.So what is the main problem? Is it my pc? Or my usb cable also if it's a usb cable problem then it shouldn’t be detected by pc at the first place

P.S: I've turned on usb debugging setting already also clicked all necessary steps in my phone everytime it even sharing the hotspot.Just not loading the file inside my phones drive.

Thank you  

Without Googling, I vaguely recall that some Samsung devices require some additional software to interact with PCs, I'd try checking their website for some sort of app to download. Additionally, make sure you're using the same cable your phone came with, or have a third party one that is high quality and has a decent gauge. Lastly, try a different port on your PC such as the ones that are soldered to the motherboard (as opposed to the front panel ones).