Who has issues with G HUB ?

Turtle Rig

So G HUB doesn't launch for me when I run the setup.  I get a error in log that says failed to blah blah g hub and says d3d9.dll caused page fault some crap like that.  I tried everything, and Logitech put it on tier 2 as the guy couldn't solve it, so I expect e-mail from them tomorrow... WTF My new keyboard is coming tomorrow and I cant even use it ,, dat sux.  Plus I hear so many horror stories about G HUB.  So anyone with install issues or overall bug and what not I guess you can state it on this thread and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

5 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

My new keyboard is coming tomorrow and I cant even use it ,, dat sux.

You should be able to use Logitech Gaming Software, I use it with my G513 and G502 and it works fine. I've tried GHUB, and it never worked well for me due to the bugs and not being able to use my on-mouse profile (which causes some weird acceleration issues). Maybe they'll work out the kinks though, and the last time I tried it was a few months ago.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

1 minute ago, TheSLSAMG said:

You should be able to use Logitech Gaming Software, I use it with my G513 and G502 and it works fine. I've tried GHUB, and it never worked well for me due to the bugs and not being able to use my on-mouse profile (which causes some weird acceleration issues). Maybe they'll work out the kinks though, and the last time I tried it was a few months ago.

Problem is the G815 and G915 will now work with LGS,  They say specifically you need G HUB for their 2019 latest gear.  So LGS wont detect it.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Problem is the G815 and G915 will now work with LGS,  They say specifically you need G HUB for their 2019 latest gear.  So LGS wont detect it.

Well shit, that sucks. I'm happy that I haven't bought any new peripherals yet since I've been eyeing up the G502 Lightspeed. I really hope they work out the kinks, Logitech's software hasn't always been the best but LGS was rock-solid stable.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

15 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Well shit, that sucks. I'm happy that I haven't bought any new peripherals yet since I've been eyeing up the G502 Lightspeed. I really hope they work out the kinks, Logitech's software hasn't always been the best but LGS was rock-solid stable.

Oh yes LGS is the best.  They really messed it up with G HUB ,, but I have no choice but to go to it.  2019 gear needs G HUB basically.

• 3 weeks later...

I am constantly fighting with g-hub to make features work. The lighting is almost always out of sync, it never wants to recognize my devices, it bricks during automatic updates, the DPI control on my G502 randomly stops working, my key bindings stop functioning, and uninstalling it is a damn nightmare. It's probably the worst software I've ever had the displeasure of using.

Never had a single issue with GHub since day 1 I installed it.

When I first installed GHub it detected and asked me permission to import onboard profiles I've made with LGS long time ago, and I gave it up and it just works without any issue till now.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

3 hours ago, Geologist said:

I am constantly fighting with g-hub to make features work. The lighting is almost always out of sync, it never wants to recognize my devices, it bricks during automatic updates, the DPI control on my G502 randomly stops working, my key bindings stop functioning, and uninstalling it is a damn nightmare. It's probably the worst software I've ever had the displeasure of using.

This is known, the community knows about it they are however updating left and right as of late,,, behind your back and sh*T.

• 2 weeks later...

Well then, seems like I'm in the same boat, now.

LGS always* worked like a charm. Easy to understand. Snappy, fast.

With the recent news about the massive security flaw in all Logitech wireless products and why you should have patched the firmware the day before yesterday already to secure your devices (now, hold your horses, read on first), I've done just that. Updating the "unifying" dongle first, all was fine - but updating the, from what I understand equally affected G-Product wireless dongles completely fracked my whole setup over. Nothing works anymore. [UPDATE: Skip rest of post, see next post]

Symptoms:

Spoiler

1) When plugging in the updated G900 gaming mouse dongle, LGS completely freezes and crashes. Apparently, the new dongle firmware is incompatible with LGS, big surprise.

2) I'm using onboard profiles, so, not a big deal... I thought, but these don't work anymore, either. The mouse works, but I have no idea if anything past mouse button 3 even registers at all. Let alone the assignments they once had.

3) I plugged it in (wired, it still works perfectly fine), and let LGS do a firmware update to the mouse itself. The only thing that changed after that was, LGS now doesn't crash immediately when plugging the dongle in, it first shows me the G900, and prompts me to "switch it on", while I'm already using it. As soon as I switch it off and on again, then it crashes LGS. No further changes.

The only option for me to keep using my G900 mouse wirelessly with all the productivity macros I had created for it seemed to be using GHub, in the hopes it might work.

It didn't.

Spoiler

4) Moreover, launching GHub actually crashes the version of IntelHD graphics drivers I'm forced to use with this machine twice every time I start the program.

5) After that, GHub sometimes doesn't even pick up on the mouse when it's freaking plugged into the machine. Or the other way around, after unplugging it and using it wirelessly for several minutes, GHub shows that it is "currently charging". Quality.

What now...

Spoiler

It's all sorts of fracked up, and I don't understand the convoluted mess that is this software, can't edit my onboard profiles and will probably have to reset the mouse now, recreating the profiles I had onboard as software ones god-knows-how, and import them onto the mouse memory afterwards. Again, hoping that it will just freaking work again without the software running in the background... as soon as I figured out how it works, now.

I spent about an hour recreating one of my 5 on-board profiles now, figuring out how GHub expects me to interact with it, but also waiting for the paaaaainfully sloooooow GUI... searching for, and dragging a command onto a button is anything but responsive and fast. And, best of all: It doesn't do anything once the mouse is wireless again! Yaay! The one, working-for-this-specific-system, originally-180-bucks-expensive-mouse is now officially bricked, broken and useless if it's not plugged in and support won't, can't, do shit about it! Using software mode, it also doesn't work. Looking at the info about the G900, the page is absolutely broken.

G900 GHub Wired.png

Wired

G900 GHub Wireless.png

Wireless

*Tangent and warning

Spoiler

I'm so absolutely done with Logitech. I love their hardware, but frack me for expecting it to just work as it's supposed to. On my second machine, I will NOT update the wireless dongles of my second set of Logitech peripherals (yes, I'm not just one, or two, but three layers deep in this), and continue to use the latest LGS and my peripherals in wired mode.

I got three sets of mice, because the first one never worked to begin with. Wireless, the macros / bindings of the onboard profiles worked whenever they felt like it, and then stopped. Buttonmashing got them "unstuck" and working again for a few seconds, and every time I'd stop using the button for 2 seconds, it got "stuck" again and refused to work.

The hardware worked fine, it was the assigned functions that didn't trigger. Support couldn't help, ended up throwing the second and third mouse at me which, unsurprisingly, also didn't work properly, tested on multiple devices. One of them just randomly began working on only one of my machines. Later, one of the other two was somehow willing to be adopted by, and working with the other system. I wish I knew what caused that to happen, but it legitimately seems to be just random chance.

Fair to say I've really had it with their firmware / software bullshit, honestly. Even if support is willing to throw more products at you, what good does that do, being such a gamble if and when which one of them decides to work with one specific system (which may or may not even be yours!). It's freaking weird.

Sorry, but, this really is grinding my gears. I bought the mouse specifically for the onboard profiles and macros in wireless. Are there any other mice out there that do the same...?

Thinking of purchasing Logitech?

Don't. Risk. The. Gamble.

Edited by TheBlackSun
Spoilered, Update in next post

Well i'm using an G910 and a 502 HERO and the only bug i've encoutered is a reset of my keyboard hotkeys....

I'm just lucky or u're install was crappy?

G910, 3x G900, 2 of which worked on their respective machines, and 1 of those doesn't anymore because dongle security firmware update.

Spoiler

Tried the G900s on Win7 machines and a Win10 machine, as soon as that was released back then. Reproducible onboard profile failures in wireless all across the board. Once they began working on one system, they still never worked properly with any other system than that one. Only one of the three worked on two systems. Made macros on my private system, using those on the work system without LGS installed. That's how I wanted it to work. That one's (dongle? is) now broken.

No issues at all with the one that's wired 24/7. Since plugging in "bypasses" all the weirdness. Never had problems with the (wired) keyboad.

So, I don't know. You tell me...?

I'd love for these things to just freaking work properly already...

*Update 1:

Spoiler

I managed to... "fix"... my mouse, it seems... despite their website explicitly stating that their gaming products are also affected by the vulnerabilities...

Q: Which Logitech products are concerned by these reports?

A: Mice and keyboards using Logitech’s Unifying wireless protocol. You can identify Unifying products by a small orange logo on the wireless USB receiver, featuring a shape with six points. The Spotlight presentation remote and R500 presenter, are also impacted.

In addition, Logitech’s Lightspeed gaming products are concerned by the encryption key extraction vulnerabilities. 

... I was unable to find any updates for these dongles in LGS, on their website, or in GHub once I had that installed. The updater for the Unifying dongle suggested there were multiple update-compatible dongles connected, and instructed me to disconnect every dongle but one to update. It updated the Unifying, then I plugged in the G900's dongle instead, and it also offered to update that one. I did, and that bricked it, effectively. [Update below]

Thus, my problem was with the dongle, and I knew that. Update to the G900 firmware didn't help, either. So I managed to use Logitech Connection Utility to pair the (still updated) G900 to the unpatched dongle of my 3rd, spare G900 and, it works absolutely fine after the initial, worrysome assignment failures had passed within 2 minutes (thank god).

The same software seems to allow for firmware updates to both G900 and dongle, but it's grayed out.

*UPDATE 2, SOLVED:

Turns out, just re-pairing the mouse to the same dongle with the Logitech Connection Utility makes it work properly again! Solves the crash in LGS, probably helps GHub as well... No need for a new, unpatched dongle. Those instructions are nowhere to be found! Jeez Logitech, fix your freaking mess... 2 days, down the drain...

Edited by TheBlackSun
Update 2

• 3 months later...

GHUB IS JUST ONE OF THE MOST BUGGYEST SOFWARE logitech has ever made! I've been having probelms with this software every fucking month ever since I got my g203 gaming mouse a year ago. I uninstall it and reinstall it like nearly 10 times then a month later I have the same probloms. I've bulit a new pc and I still have the same probloms. I've reinstalled windows THEN THE SAME PROBLOMS COME AGAIN!

I JUST GIVE UP NOW, am gonna install the old logitech gaming software becasue that still works.

Logitechs Harmony software is just as bad. They continuously remove very useful features and make it harder to use. Typical Logitech mindless crapware...

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

I just replaced my logitech G910 because the software sucks so bad.  It will be a while before i purchase another Logitech product that uses GHUB.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

• 6 months later...

Hey idk if somebody can help me. When I try to download presets for my Logitech pro x headset the presets don't show up after I downloaded them😞

For me G Hub messes with G Sync on my monitor. Whenever my monitor sleeps, upon waking up, G sync is lost. I have to power cycle the monitor. Without G hub running, the monitor can sleep for as long as it wants and be awoken with G sync still active. The only problem by not running G Hub is the default rainbow puke on my G915 and G502. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, Beer.BU said:

Hey idk if somebody can help me. When I try to download presets for my Logitech pro x headset the presets don't show up after I downloaded them😞

You need to make a account. Its just a username really. If you look at the screen that shows your devices, its bottom right just above the website button

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any experience with GHUB crashing whenever you try to save a profile to onboard memory? I just got a family member the G502 HERO and every time I go and save two profiles to the memory, GHUB says it encountered a critical problem. Sometimes it errors after saving one profile, sometimes two, and sometimes a minute after the second one was saved. No matter the outcome, it only saves the macro for G4, half of G5 (it gets half way and then repeats the same key indefinitely), and nothing from the second profile.

Really wish we could just use LGS like with my G502 Proteus Spectrum...