Dedicated stream pc

Jordanvt45

Hey guys! So I recently just built a stream pc that has a Ryzen 5 2600 and rx580. I saw some people building a stream pc with a cheap processor and more expensive graphics card to use the nvenc encoding. My question is, did I waste my money on going the route that I did to use the x264 encoding or should I have built the nvenc way? 

Also, I was debating on sending the Ryzen 5 2600 back and swapping it with a Ryzen 7 2700x for the extra threads. 

CPU encoding gives better quality. NVenc is simply cheaper but at the expense of stream quality

You're fine for streaming. 

If you want something better, don't buy 2700X.

Update your BIOS and get 3700X instead. 

Youre not really missing much by not going with NVENC, you can get quite a good quality with x264 on your CPU... depending on what settings you use ofc. 

Do you think my stream pc is enough? Or should I sacrifice for the extra cores ..I mean I can get away with a fast preset and not have any dropped frames

5 minutes ago, Jordanvt45 said:

Do you think my stream pc is enough? Or should I sacrifice for the extra cores ..I mean I can get away with a fast preset and not have any dropped frames

then why have a concern, just run your system like it is now. doesnt seem like you need to change anything.