Windows doesn't detect my microphone [pls help]

Kdoz
Go to solution Solved by FlappyBoobs,

I have a Dell machine at work and when I plug in my headset (phone headset) I get the menu pop up and I make sure to select headset rather than headphones, this enables the microphone as well. If you don't have this menu then it's likely that your PC doesn't have headset support on the audio jack.

Hi

I have a Hyper X Cloud 1 and since I have my laptop (Dell G7) my microphone on my headphone doesn't work. Instead my pc use his internal microphone. My pc doesn't even detect my headphone's microphone. Pls help me I don't know what to do.

Untitled.png

2.png

3.png

Since its defaulting to realtek and not an usb device. i think you may have plugged the pink connector in the wrong hole.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

11 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

Since its defaulting to realtek and not an usb device. i think you may have plugged the pink connector in the wrong hole.

actualy I only have one hole on my pc so I use a cable to connect the audio and the mic

Just now, Kdoz said:

actualy I only have one hole on my pc so I use a cable to connect the audio and the mic

ah combination plug with 3 rings like a headset. gotcha. No idea than other than it may not be supported. I'll leave it to others who have more experience with the specific headset. Only alternative i could suggest, if you have one, is to plug them into one of those minijack to usb adapters. (i got one with my headset included)

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

6 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

ah combination plug with 3 rings like a headset. gotcha. No idea than other than it may not be supported. I'll leave it to others who have more experience with the specific headset. Only alternative i could suggest, if you have one, is to plug them into one of those minijack to usb adapters. (i got one with my headset included)

ok thanks a lot

I have a Dell machine at work and when I plug in my headset (phone headset) I get the menu pop up and I make sure to select headset rather than headphones, this enables the microphone as well. If you don't have this menu then it's likely that your PC doesn't have headset support on the audio jack.

1 minute ago, FlappyBoobs said:

OH YES !! I had this little pop up before ! But I click on "don't show this again" and know it doesn't. I think it's beceause of that. THANKS a lot.

5 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

do you know how to re-enabled it ??

Okay I just solved the probleme, I just installed Waves Maxx Audio and enable the little pop-up and chose the head-set and DONE.