Corsair H105 dual 120mm radiator all in one liquid cooler

LinusTech

I dont see the point of the software...

Its to write the PD profile for the fan controller. I think the default profile just sets your fans to max rpm

Its to write the PD profile for the fan controller. I think the default profile just sets your fans to max rpm

Just use the one on the MB and hook all your fans to it?

What if I said I would prefer it had no led at all? or possibly even any real noticeable logo?

I have corsair C70 with smoked glass window. So I want to be able to see the corsair logo (in red). Although personally I too would prefer if I could do it without the software (it's just another complicating factor which I would like to avoid; the software layer).

Just use the one on the MB and hook all your fans to it?

You could do that, but my mobo's crap and doesn't allow for an adjustable fan curve. Made the SP120's go nearly full blast. I don't know how the Linux kernel would manage it though. I think it just lets the BIOS do all of it.

Linus, sorry but your comparision on SP120 and SP120L is not fully correct :)

SP120L is actually bit different from SP120:

SP120 High Performance edition
Airflow 62.74 CFM

Sound level: 35dBA

SP120L:

Airflow: 74.42 CFM

Sound level: 37.68dBA

However yes, I think their design is same and differences come just from their max rpm limit: regular SP120 2350RPM vs SP120L 2700RPM.

SP120L, being very good at producing static pressure, is extremely loud and seems like they don't like resistors - being limited to lower voltages they start to make weird ticking noises.

Sources:

http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/cooling-parts/hydro-series-h80i-h100i-sp120l-2700-rpm-replacement-fan.html

http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan.html

However yes, I think their design is same and differences come just from their max rpm limit: regular SP120 2350RPM vs SP120L 2700RPM.

SP120L, being very good at producing static pressure, is extremely loud and seems like they don't like resistors - being limited to lower voltages they start to make weird ticking noises.

The amount of quality complaints about such issues is the only reason I have not bought an h100i so far. So many people complain about noisy pumps, rattling fans, and broken LEDs on the corsair AIOs. It's the only reason i am hesitant.

Also running the SP120 at top speed is no an option, they are just too distractingly loud.

So basically this is just another Thermaltake Extreme 2, which is a very good cooler, but looks better?

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

The amount of quality complaints about such issues is the only reason I have not bought an h100i so far. So many people complain about noisy pumps, rattling fans, and broken LEDs on the corsair AIOs. It's the only reason i am hesitant.

Also running the SP120 at top speed is no an option, they are just too distractingly loud.

You will read about those same complaints for virtually all AIO and even custom coolers. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

You will read about those same complaints for virtually all AIO and even custom coolers. 

wait are you thta m16 hacker from BF3?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

• 5 months later...