PC for video editing and gaming

florianerb

Hello, 

My old iMac died about a month ago and I need a new computer, i play mainly competitive games as well as for work I video edit, color grade and do some modelling in blender. This was my first go at a build. With the monitors i like IPS and i need monitors with good Delta E's also planning on buying a calibrator as well. 

any advice welcome

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, florianerb said:

Hello, 

My old iMac died about a month ago and I need a new computer, i play mainly competitive games as well as for work I video edit, color grade and do some modelling in blender. This was my first go at a build. With the monitors i like IPS and i need monitors with good Delta E's also planning on buying a calibrator as well. 

any advice welcome

Thanks.

Its a pretty solid build, though 3 changes I would make:

1. 3200 MHz cas 16 kit will be better.

2. Go for a B450 TOMAHAWK, has solid VRMs, is cheaper and has BIOS flash back. And if you are lucky enough it might ship with updated BIOS.

3. 5700 XT is a sweetspot for 1440p Gaming and the monitor's Freesync will go amazing together, however I would not recommend going with a reference model. It has some thermal issues and the fan gets pretty loud under load. The money you are saving on the motherboard could be spent to get a Sapphire PULSE version of 5700 XT.

Other than that you have done a great job.