USB device not recognized.

GlaZe08
Go to solution Solved by GlaZe08,
31 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What if you tried testing every port with a thumb drive? (Whichever one it doesn't register in is the problem) I'm guessing a USB controller is malfunctioning.

Oh sorry. I thought i send a message earlier but i guess not.

I missed one small cable when unplugging the USB hub, but the problem seems to have gone away after i removed that last cable. So its probably something with that USB hub.
I never use it though so having it disconnected isn't an issue and i will probably be getting a new PC in the near future anyways.

Thank you so much for the quick replies really appreciate the help! :D

Hello!

Decided to clean my room today, unplugged my PC so i could clean behind it. At the end of the day when i was done cleaning i plugged it back in but now i get constantly spammed with the error showed in the picture. As well as the sound of a device being connected and disconnected.

All of my devices work as intended still so i'm not sure what is causing the issue.
I have tried multiple suggestions people posted online for example, update drivers, re install drivers, turning off the "Let this pc turn off this device to save power" in the device manager thing. I have tried everything.

So if any of you know a fix to this. Or possibly how to somehow mute the error that would be awesome, because like i said before. All of my devices work as intended but getting spammed by this error every 2 second for seemingly no reason at all is very frustrating. And i can't really focus on doing anything at all on my computer right now.

Edit: Noticed that i sometimes get the "safely remove hardware and eject media" Button whenever the connect/disconnect sound plays.
Also when i try to troubleshoot the device i get the information shown in the picture.

explorer_g92WGEsKR9.pngmsdt_hsBdV9v1nv.png.24298f2cc9710c52c85d6f41af17c6ea.png

mmc_hFy2nmLvH1.png

I'd start by unplugging devices one at a time until the notifications stop. If they don't after everything has been removed then we'll have to go from there.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I'd start by unplugging devices one at a time until the notifications stop. If they don't after everything has been removed then we'll have to go from there.

Yeah sorry, i forgot to mention that i have tried unplugging everything one at a time to see if i could figure out if it was one of my cables or devices that broken. 
But the error is still there with nothing plugged in.

7 minutes ago, GlaZe08 said:

Yeah sorry, i forgot to mention that i have tried unplugging everything one at a time to see if i could figure out if it was one of my cables or devices that broken. 
But the error is still there with nothing plugged in.

Does your motherboard have front panel cables connected? Did you try disconnecting those?

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Does your motherboard have front panel cables connected? Did you try disconnecting those?

Hmm those are the power LED and all those right? If so No i have not. All of them work though so i don't think that would be the issue? 

10 minutes ago, GlaZe08 said:

Hmm those are the power LED and all those right? If so No i have not. All of them work though so i don't think that would be the issue? 

How about front panel USB?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

13 minutes ago, GlaZe08 said:

Sorry, when I said cables I meant USB.

20 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Oh, I don't have one at the front. But i do have a little USB hub thing at the top of my case. I haven't used it in super long i forgot if it broke or if i just don't use it.
Anyway it's super late here right now. Will get back to you tomorrow after i've tried disconnecting it.

16 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Okay, i tried unplugging the USB thing at the top of my case but i am still being spammed with the error message and connect/reconnect sound

1 hour ago, GlaZe08 said:

Okay, i tried unplugging the USB thing at the top of my case but i am still being spammed with the error message and connect/reconnect sound

What if you tried testing every port with a thumb drive? (Whichever one it doesn't register in is the problem) I'm guessing a USB controller is malfunctioning.

31 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Oh sorry. I thought i send a message earlier but i guess not.

I missed one small cable when unplugging the USB hub, but the problem seems to have gone away after i removed that last cable. So its probably something with that USB hub.
I never use it though so having it disconnected isn't an issue and i will probably be getting a new PC in the near future anyways.

Thank you so much for the quick replies really appreciate the help! :D