Technical question

IcePod

I'm planning on buying this Htpc case, to serve as my desktop pc, i figured i could populate the 5.25" bay with a touchscreen for fan controllers/profiles, that gives me real time reading on cpu temps.... But i am concerned about the volume knob (not sure if thats the name, english is not my first language), my question is: is there a way to connect that knob (?), to my motherboard, and use it as an analog volume controller?

(For reference, the case in the North America, i believe it is/was sold as: Cooltek G3)

Thanks for the help guys.

P.S: my motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI AMD Ryzen 3000

20190831_005142.jpg

23 minutes ago, IcePod said:

But i am concerned about the volume knob (not sure if thats the name, english is not my first language), my question is: is there a way to connect that knob (?), to my motherboard, and use it as an analog volume controller?

There are no analog volume-control - headers on PCs, so not directly, no. I am not familiar with that case, so the volume-control knob could already be a USB-device, but if it is just a plain, analog control, you'd need to use e.g. an Arduino or something to read its value and then use Arduino to send the volume-control values to your PC.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Looking at the manual for the case located here

http://www.jonsbo.com/Upfiles/down/G3.pdf

The volume knob is connected to a USB header on the motherboard. You just need to make sure your motherboard has a USB header. I would guess you want a USB 2 header not a USB3 header. If you don't have a USB2 header I am sure you can find some adapters that can convert the header to standard USB plug and just run it out the back of the PC and plug it in to normal usb port. Although that isn't the most "clean" solution.

Thank you both for the replies, i cannot believe i didn't find that manual before! You sir, are a life saver.