New Heaphones

the_NIXON88

Ive had the pioneer se-mj551's for one and a half years and I just noticed the band has cracked but the little plastic piece in side of it is still in tact but I have a feeling that it will break soon... I just want to be ready to buy a new pair of headphones when these do end up breaking and im not sure which to get... I would prefer headphones with good bass and my price range is anywhere between $60-$120 I will mainly use them for gaming and listening to music. Thanks in advance.

Ive had the pioneer se-mj551's for one and a half years and I just noticed the band has cracked but the little plastic piece in side of it is still in tact but I have a feeling that it will break soon... I just want to be ready to buy a new pair of headphones when these do end up breaking and im not sure which to get... I would prefer headphones with good bass and my price range is anywhere between $60-$120 I will mainly use them for gaming and listening to music. Thanks in advance.

here u go

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391316430&sr=8-1&keywords=Shure+440

you might also consider: 

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHWS55BK-Solid-Headphones/dp/B005BHIZU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391316703&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+technica+WS55

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1391316489&sr=8-6&keywords=AKG+550

Error: 410

HD558,Good soundstage or if you have a big head get Audio Technica AD700x

audio technica ath-m50<----EWW NO,Unless you get better pads

bose ae2

I think the the ath-m50's are comfortable.

I think the the ath-m50's are comfortable.

Do you have them or have tried them for long sittings?

Just curious cause I've heard this from some people.

The AD700x  doesn't have that great of bass so it probably wouldn't be good for him sound wise.

Do you have them or have tried them for long sittings?

Just curious cause I've heard this from some people.

No. I use the bose ae2 for my daily headphones. I just borrowed a friends pair for a few days and they felt good to me.

No. I use the bose ae2 for my daily headphones. I just borrowed a friends pair for a few days and they felt good to me.

I had them for my daily headphone for about 6 months and then I switched to DT770s. It's a world of a difference. M50s are extremely uncomfortable and they're pretty expensive right now too. 

Buying used is great for headphones because they don't break and you get them for cheaper. I would recommend DT770 or 880 off of ebay. If you want new, then Sennheiser 400 series are pretty great and they're on the cheap side too.

Hmm, I just saw the reviews in plantronics site, and the 780 are not easy to make work in windows 8, which windows are you using? 

Another person was having constant crashes from the drivers of the headphones.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

The Plantronics are a headset, the HD 280 is a professional headphone - aint a fair comparison unless you tell us your use-case.

I love my 280 pros, but I record and listen to music with them more than anything, I have not tried them in any form of binaural or other surround setting and don't know how they would go for FPS games.

EDIT: the other issue you might have with 280's is that because they isolate so well if you are using skype or TS or something similar you will find your self starting to yell. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

EDIT: the other issue you might have with 280's is that because they isolate so well if you are using skype or TS or something similar you will find your self starting to yell. 

You sure it's because of the headphones, old man?  :lol:

You sure it's because of the headphones, old man?  :lol:

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY?  SPEAK UP LAD!!

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The cable is stupid but otherwise I like my pair.

Still haven't told us how you'll be using them though.

In my first post I stated that ill be using them for listening to music and playing FPS games.

Okay I have narrowed down to my final three.

Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X

SteelSeries 7H Gaming Headset - Fnatic

SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset

Which one would you pick. Or if these are all terrible options please say so.

Okay I have narrowed down to my final three.

Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X

SteelSeries 7H Gaming Headset - Fnatic

SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset

Which one would you pick. Or if these are all terrible options please say so.

Out of those 3 I would pick the Audio-Technica but the Pioneer SE-A1000 is very similar to that and costs less so I think you should look into that instead. Another option would be the Sennheiser 518 which supposedly has a bit more bass but also costs more. 

For gaming, the AD's, but they aren't the best for music. 
Something like the HD518's would be a happy medium that doesn't really sacrifice music or gaming "performance"  

Oh wait are you in Canada? The Pioneers are like double the price in Canada. I just noticed that your Amazon links are for the Canada website. I think HD 518s are like $150 in Canada too. :/

Oh wait are you in Canada? The Pioneers are like double the price in Canada. I just noticed that your Amazon links are for the Canada website. I think HD 518s are like $150 in Canada too. :/

Yeah im from canada... I just looked at the price for them in the US 52.99 on amazon holy shit amazon is better in the us