$500 gaming pc for younger brother

themaniac

The MSI GPUs are highly rated.  I don't have any personal experience with them, but there are a lot of fourms saying that they are good, like this one.  http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/365327-33-gigabyte

thanks

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

The MSI GPUs are highly rated.  I don't have any personal experience with them, but there are a lot of fourms saying that they are good, like this one.  http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/365327-33-gigabyte

will the i3 4330 bottleneck the gtx 780 ti directCU2 

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Yeah.  I would say an i3 bottnenceks the GTX 770 and above.  If you are thinking of upgrading the graphics card and CPU later, you should also get a new motherboard since the one we picked is $50.

Yeah.  I would say an i3 bottnenceks the GTX 770 and above.  If you are thinking of upgrading the graphics card and CPU later, you should also get a new motherboard since the one we picked is $50.

how much of a bottleneck is there and the reason i'm asking this is because i'm going to get two of those and i was thinking of instead of sliing them just put one in it

Spoiler

So you are going to get 2 780 ti's and put one in this build?  If so, I would recommend getting better quality parts.  The i3 would SEVERLY bottleneck a 780 ti.  I don't have any acutal numbes, but there are numerous forum posts about it.

So you are going to get 2 780 ti's and put one in this build?  If so, I would recommend getting better quality parts.  The i3 would SEVERLY bottleneck a 780 ti.  I don't have any acutal numbes, but there are numerous forum posts about it.

no i was thinking of doing that i'm not completely sure about doing that

Spoiler

ok i've been told to stay away from any msi motherboard so i'm not sure if other products from msi are good or not

I don't see the issue with Msi motherboards.

My recommendations: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2PxO4

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't see the issue with Msi motherboards.

My recommendations: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2PxO4

well i'v been told to stay away from msi motherboards and 4 reason's for wanting an intel build for a budget 1. there's nothing wrong with intel for a budget build 2. the upgrade path to an i5/i7 3. i spoke with my brother and he said he wants intel 4. intel has more powerful cores so it will do better in more cpu intensive games like minecraft 

Spoiler

well i'v been told to stay away from msi motherboards and 4 reason's for wanting an intel build for a budget 1. there's nothing wrong with intel for a budget build 2. the upgrade path to an i5/i7 3. i spoke with my brother and he said he wants intel 4. intel has more powerful cores so it will do better in more cpu intensive games like minecraft 

Minecraft can utilize more cores if you use the multicore rendering in Optifine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Minecraft can utilize more cores if you use the multicore rendering in Optifine. 

well the i3 is still better than the athlon 750k/760k because it has hyperthreading so it has 2 logical cores and 2 actual cores as i'v been told

Spoiler

well the i3 is still better than the athlon 750k/760k because it has hyperthreading so it has 2 logical cores and 2 actual cores as i'v been told

No... Actual physical cores are better than virtual cores.

It's 4 physical cores/4 threads for the 750K vs 2 physical cores/4 threads for the i3. 

No... Actual physical cores are better than virtual cores.

It's 4 physical cores/4 threads for the 750K vs 2 physical cores/4 threads for the i3. 

yeah but the 750k is older and the cores are weaker and by what i'v been told is that it takes about two amd cores to equal 1 intel core especially for the older amd cpu's

Spoiler

yeah but the 750k is older and the cores are weaker and by what i'v been told is that it takes about two amd cores to equal 1 intel core especially for the older amd cpu's

It's not that straightforward of a comparison. Although it may be older, it will perform similarly while being cheaper and a 750K + 7770 will easily outperform a 4330.

It's not that straightforward of a comparison. Although it may be older, it will perform similarly while being cheaper and a 750K + 7770 will easily outperform a 4330.

well he's already made up his mind the it will be an i3 and when he does upgrade the cpu he won't have to get a new motherboard for an i5/i7 unless he gets an unlocked one but he won't and the i3 4330 has decent graphics power

Spoiler

well he's already made up his mind the it will be an i3 and when he does upgrade the cpu he won't have to get a new motherboard for an i5/i7 unless he gets an unlocked one but he won't and the i3 4330 has decent graphics power

I don't see why he would upgrade from an i3 to an i5/i7 when the first priority would be to upgrade the gpu. The i3's iGPU is also far, far behind the 7770 in performance.

I don't see why he would upgrade from an i3 to an i5/i7 when the first priority would be to upgrade the gpu. The i3's iGPU is also far, far behind the 7770 in performance.

yeah i know but he will be able to upgrade the cpu to an i5/i7 but i didn't say that it would be the first upgrade

Spoiler

yeah i know but he will be able to upgrade the cpu to an i5/i7 but i didn't say that it would be the first upgrade

Unless he's planning on often playing badly optimized games like WoW or going to already upgrade to a beefy graphics card more powerful than a 760, the 750K will be fine and do a similar job while being cheaper.

Unless he's planning on often playing badly optimized games like WoW or going to already upgrade to a beefy graphics card more powerful than a 760, the 750K will be fine and do a similar job while being cheaper.

well he won't upgrade to a better gpu right away and maxwell is coming soon so there will be better gpus for the money hopefully and he's already made his mind up for intel

Spoiler

well he won't upgrade to a better gpu right away and maxwell is coming soon so there will be better gpus for the money hopefully and he's already made his mind up for intel

This is exactly why it'd be better to go with the 750K + 7770...

This is exactly why it'd be better to go with the 750K + 7770...

i already said that he made his mind up for intel, i told him the disadvantages and advatages of both and he chose intel

Spoiler

i already said that he made his mind up for intel, i told him the disadvantages and advatages of both and he chose intel

I'd suggest getting a pentium to fit the graphics card in that case. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2PAxV

I'd suggest getting a pentium to fit the graphics card in that case. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2PAxV

why kingston ram and not g skill or crucial ram and he will need an optical drive

Spoiler

why kingston ram and not g skill or crucial ram and he will need an optical drive

It's the cheapest 8GB kit. Brand doesn't matter. Add in an optical drive then. 

It's the cheapest 8GB kit. Brand doesn't matter. Add in an optical drive then. 

ok

Spoiler