Airflow Help for Meshify C

Good morning everyone,

I am looking for some help regarding my build. I have a Fractal Meshify C TG and my GPU temperatures are a little higher than I would like. I would also like some opinions about airflow options. 

Currently I have two Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans as intakes and one NF-F12 fan as exhaust. My GPU under a heavy gaming load hits about 71-72c. 

The GPU is currently being cooled by a Noctua U12s and normally reaches around low 60's during load.

I have a EVGA CLC280 sitting around because I can not get it to fit with the G.Skill ram at the top. I was thinking of potentially replacing the ram with Corsair Vengeance LPX to allow me to mount the CLC280 above as exhaust. I thought this might help both CPU and GPU temperatures for more exhaust. I would have two Noctua NF-A14 IPCC 2000rpm fans with it.

The spacing for the GPU and the fans is very close currently and I am wondering if it is being choked off.

Parts:

Asus Z390-E Motherboard

Intel I5 8600K

16gb G.Skill Trident Z Memory 3200MHZ

Asus Strix GTX 1080

Wondering if I should keep the current setup and if anyone has any advice on how to improve the temperatures, or if I should try to go with the CLC 280 and the new ram option. This would give me three exhausts instead of 1 so I would be working with a different pressure setup. 

Thanks for the help in advance!

51 minutes ago, ChaoticFury09 said:

My GPU under a heavy gaming load hits about 71-72c. 

Totally fine!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Well it looks about as low as you can get with this card and those fans. 70 degrees isn't that bad at all, and your case airflow with the fans set up seems to be plenty good.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

1 minute ago, Allshevski said:

Well it looks about as low as you can get with this card and those fans. 70 degrees isn't that bad at all, and your case airflow with the fans set up seems to be plenty good.

Yeah, it;s good!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

The temperatures are perfectly safe, but if you're concerned about it, try mounting the water cooler to the front of the case and move the front fans to the top for exhaust.  Tests have shown that a front mounted radiator makes very little difference to the GPU temperature, helps the CPU to run cooler, and the air is still exhausted efficiently from the case.

1 hour ago, VIVO-US said:

The temperatures are perfectly safe, but if you're concerned about it, try mounting the water cooler to the front of the case and move the front fans to the top for exhaust.  Tests have shown that a front mounted radiator makes very little difference to the GPU temperature, helps the CPU to run cooler, and the air is still exhausted efficiently from the case.

Great idea but unfortunately due to the length of the strix there is no clearance for it to be up front. It barely fits with a fan in front of it.

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

Yeah, it;s good!!

Thanks so much. I feel better about it. I heard you typically want to be in the 60's but I guess as long as I am under 80 I am in good shape

Just now, ChaoticFury09 said:

Thanks so much. I feel better about it. I heard you typically want to be in the 60's but I guess as long as I am under 80 I am in good shape

I keep it usually under 70c.

It goes rarely above 70c and that for a very shot time

35 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I keep it usually under 70c.

It goes rarely above 70c and that for a very shot time

Mine is pretty stable at 70-72. I don't monitor it while gaming but it says that is the max temperature when I exit. I know that I can probably adjust the fans on the cooler to run harder to bring it back under 70 but at the cost of noise. Unsure if I should just leave it.

If that's as hot as it get's then you're definitely safe.  Nvidia set the thermal limit at 94C, and in reviewer's stress tests, the 1080 remained stable within that range.