GTX 660 waterblock

A better question is why watercool a 660?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Don't think there are any waterblocks for the ASUS GTX 660s as they have custom PCBs.

Don't think there are any waterblocks for the ASUS GTX 660s as they have custom PCBs.

Do you think that I should save money, and buy like a 780 instead? My birthday is soon anyways ;p

Do you think that I should save money, and buy like a 780 instead? My birthday is soon anyways ;p

It's not worth the money to watercool a 660 and you should just put the money towards getting a better graphics card.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's not worth the money to watercool a 660 and you should just put the money towards getting a better graphics card.

Ok thanks alot, I will, I've got alot of old hockey stuff to sell. What card do you think that I should buy, the 290, 290x, 780 or the 780ti?

Ok thanks alot, I will, I've got alot of old hockey stuff to sell. What card do you think that I should buy, the 290, 290x, 780 or the 780ti?

There's pretty much no point getting the 290x over the cheaper and similarly performing 290. The 780 Ti is a bad value. I generally just recommend a 780 or 290.

It depends on what you use your system for and how much you plan to spend.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There's pretty much no point getting the 290x over the cheaper and similarly performing 290. The 780 Ti is a bad value. I generally just recommend a 780 or 290.

It depends on what you use your system for and how much you plan to spend.

Im going to be gaming, futuristically going to buy a 144hz monitor, but not more than 1920x1080, so I guess the 780 will be better, because I won't get the benefit of the extra gddr5 memory the 290 offers. I'm aiming for a price point at about 600 dollars, it's leaning towards the 780 at the moment.

You could use something like the Prolimatech MK-26 Black Edition. Just make sure it is compatible with the Asus DCU II PCB. (it most likeley is), and once you upgrade your card you can buy a reference design GPU and re-use the cooler.

@Milesgaming

Edit: but it looks more like you are searching for graphics performance, which the 660 can't deliver even when OC'ed.

who cares...

You could use something like the Prolimatech MK-26 Black Edition. Just make sure it is compatible with the Asus DCU II PCB. (it most likeley is), and once you upgrade your card you can buy a reference design GPU and re-use the cooler.

@Milesgaming

The thing is that I've got a custom watercooling loop, and I want to go water. I think I will be saving up for the 780.

The thing is that I've got a custom watercooling loop, and I want to go water. I think I will be saving up for the 780.

If you're going to get a waterblock, it might as well be for something like a 780 or 290.

You already have a loop? Like for the CPU only? And the 660 is ofc still on air? Then yes It'd make a ton more sense to get a different card.

Edit: someone whispered me, that the R9 290 overclocks like silly when you put it on water. ;)

who cares...

You already have a loop? Like for the CPU only? And the 660 is ofc still on air? Then yes It'd make a ton more sense to get a different card.

Exactly

If you're going to get a waterblock, it might as well be for something like a 780 or 290.

Yeah. That's what I'm going for