Is there a better 2-in-1 laptop than the Surface Go < 600?

hey guys, looking for alternatives to the Surface Go same price point or even under 600 dollars if possible, for uni so portability is a plus, mostly for use as reading device, some basic programing and web browsing, any recommendations?.

Surface Go is mediocre imo - slow CPU and the usual Surface shit - non-upgradeable RAM, glued together, bad QC...only good things are the tablet form factor and good display. If you don't need these 2 then stay away from it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

10 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Is there a reason it has to be a 2-in-1?

portability, my conmute is about 1 hour and a half every day,  I already carry a shitton of books, so something light weight and low profile(around my uni is not in the safest neighborhood in the city)  would be appreciated. Also being able to unload some books for the digital version and use the tablet mode sounds good to me.

1 minute ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Surface Go is mediocre imo - slow CPU and the usual Surface shit - non-upgradeable RAM, glued together, bad QC...only good things are the tablet form factor and good display. If you don't need these 2 then stay away from it

I work in a PC repair shop and honestly every surface device ever released is complete and utter garbage. They are so anti-repair, it makes apple look good. Seriously, even the bottom cover for the keyboard on the 2 in 1 surface laptop thing is glued on.

I'd personally pick up dell's ryzen 2 in 1. Best buy has it for 500$ right now and it's fast enough to do basic gaming

9 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I work in a PC repair shop and honestly every surface device ever released is complete and utter garbage. They are so anti-repair, it makes apple look good. Seriously, even the bottom cover for the keyboard on the 2 in 1 surface laptop thing is glued on.

I'd personally pick up dell's ryzen 2 in 1. Best buy has it for 500$ right now and it's fast enough to do basic gaming

I mean, I get what you are saying, but I am worried about the bulkyness of the form factor. I for sure would prefer a mid range regular lap, or a more bulky 2-in-1, but 1 and a half

hours of conmute souds complicated with  something like that.