Installing programs to another drive.

M A J O R
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

No. Assuming the other drive shows up as D:/, E:/, etc you can just point the installer to that drive and it'll do the rest. You might like to setup some folders for organization but beyond that not really. It's pretty common for people to want to do this.

Hi, I'm running low on space for programs on my main SSD which currently has Windows and all my programs. I have another SSD in the system that I used to use for games. Can I just install programs directly onto this drive from now on, or is there some prep work required first?

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

No. Assuming the other drive shows up as D:/, E:/, etc you can just point the installer to that drive and it'll do the rest. You might like to setup some folders for organization but beyond that not really. It's pretty common for people to want to do this.

Remember that programs needs data/settings files that still will be stored on C. So installing programs on D or E drive (for example) is a solution, but first try to free some space on C anyway.

-> Moved to Windows

I have made folders for programs on both drives. So when installing I could only switch drive letter to tell which drive software were to be installed. That being before getting bigger SSD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv