Sound Damping Need some advice!

I wasn't sure where to post this..

Hello all I am wanting to somehow improve my sound damping in my room but due to having wallpaper it is becoming a task. Previously I tried a particular command strip on the wallpaper when I was running my Ethernet cord and sometimes it would rip the wallpaper, I can't really find and decent ideas for my situation.

Also I am renting so I want to avoid as much damage as possible.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

IMG_20190826_145327.thumb.jpg.3e26016e9ec21798aff98540f1067a5d.jpg

Can you use nails at all? What about in the ceiling?

I would hang some thicker blankets

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Can you use nails at all? What about in the ceiling?

I would hang some thicker blankets

I would probably not use any nails because the roof and walls are in pretty good condition I don't mind spending some $ if I can get less damaging approach idk.

9 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

I would probably not use any nails because the roof and walls are in pretty good condition I don't mind spending some $ if I can get less damaging approach idk.

What type of material is the ceiling? Is it coated with that popcorn stucco?

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Sounds like a good time to consider if you actually like the wallpaper and need to maintain it or if you'd be better off just ripping it down, painting, and then using normal methods.  I guess you'd have to ask the owners or whatever but they might be in favour, you never know.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What type of material is the ceiling? Is it coated with that popcorn stucco?

Its like hard but with bubbles stuff all over itIMG_20190826_153510.thumb.jpg.f1e603875e6adba9f288e6b7d2789bb4.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Sounds like a good time to consider if you actually like the wallpaper and need to maintain it or if you'd be better off just ripping it down, painting, and then using normal methods.  I guess you'd have to ask the owners or whatever but they might be in favour, you never know.

Yeah that could be a possibility

5 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

Its like hard but with bubbles stuff all over it

Does your LL not let you hang things on the wall?

9 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Does your LL not let you hang things on the wall?

I can hang things on the wall but not to go overboard and have holes or rips everywhere.

You have crown moldings, and I'm going to guess they're face nailed. If they're nailed so that the wall is the securing surface, you might have enough space and play in the upper part to insert thin shims. Some sheet metal and a little fabrication work and you could create hanging points for fabric or decorative blankets. If you do cover most of your walls with such hangings, invest in some spray flame retardant, because otherwise those are considered a pretty significant fire hazard.