Finishing Touches (Gaming build)

DXPERT

Hey fellas! I'm just about done with my build and just need some of your help to pull this through.

What I have at the moment:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

CPU Cooler: Wraith Spire (Just want to see how the stock cooler will do initially, but am planning to get the Corsair H100i Pro)

SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB

Power Supply: Corsair TX650M 80+ Gold

Case: Corsair 275R Tempered Glass

What I have in mind:

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon

GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory CL15

HDD: WD Blue 4TB

I also have the peripherals and monitor at hand, gaming at 1080p+144hz. Top games I play are Apex, CSGO, MHW, LoL.

Wanted this build to be finished by 3rd/4th week of August cause I'm so dying to play. Left my old PC back at home(PH) and haven't played any PC Game since moving here in Canada (April 3rd). Budget is all set to get the remaining stuff, but the reason I'm not pulling the trigger yet is because the GPU(and mobo) is out stock. I was so set on getting the RX 5700 and the Pro Carbon(M.2 Shield, Intel Wireless + Bluetooth, Carbon Scheme; it's just so good), but every passing day that it's out of stock is just adding more agony.

So I need help in making decisions; Should I just continue to hang in there until they're on stock(No idea 'til when)

Or get alternatives(Used 1070Ti or maybe even 1080tTi if the price is reasonable)+(ASRock X470 Master SLI/AC)

Lastly if there is anything I've missed out on, suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated.

It's hard having limited resources :(  

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard MSI B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $84.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory $89.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba X300 5 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $109.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card $419.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $719.76
  Mail-in rebates -$15.00
  Total $704.76
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-25 01:22 EDT-0400  

The gaming pro carbon is also very good mb. and if you want the added features its great.

I would generally get 3600 RAM...and I don't know your price for your RAM so will just say...that if it is similar in price...go with faster...though.....the 2600x will only see a little of faster than 3000+ RAM....the 3600/3800 speed is more for GEN 3 ryzen.

5tb for close to same price of other 4tb
the 5700xt sapphire pulse is in stock...but I am US so...I guess I should check this stuff for canada

alternatives 

ASRock B450M/AC

(Though I don't like AsRock....this is a decent board at a good price and has WIFI....I also don't like onboard Wifi...and go with USB dongles)

oops...edited wrong post...

37 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

though I know the last two are not as easy/simple for most

Yeah and to be honest though doing those stuff haven't really crossed my mind. I would prefer just getting an aftermarket 5700 to have the GPU temps problem solve themselves, and from the reviews I've read/seen the Sapphire Pulse is as good as it can get so far.

46 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

ASRock B450M/AC

(Though I don't like AsRock....this is a decent board at a good price and has WIFI....I also don't like onboard Wifi...and go with USB dongles)

I Googled that board you mentioned and I haven't really took a liking to it. Was just also thinking about getting an MSI B450 Tomahawk instead and get a wireless adapter for it.

I also wouldn't mind spending a little extra for an upgrade but if the market is just taking advantage of the money-grabbing opportunity because of the supply/demand situation here, I'd rather just wait it out( Slow and agonizing wait :< )

8 minutes ago, DXPERT said:

Yeah and to be honest though doing those stuff haven't really crossed my mind. I would prefer just getting an aftermarket 5700 to have the GPU temps problem solve themselves, and from the reviews I've read/seen the Sapphire Pulse is as good as it can get so far.

I Googled that board you mentioned and I haven't really took a liking to it. Was just also thinking about getting an MSI B450 Tomahawk instead and get a wireless adapter for it.

I also wouldn't mind spending a little extra for an upgrade but if the market is just taking advantage of the money-grabbing opportunity because of the supply/demand situation here, I'd rather just wait it out( Slow and agonizing wait :< )

I saw that you were sold out of 5700xt aftermarket....which sucks...I recommend the Sapphire pulse to all those who have it available.(it is available currently in the US) So far...the only aftermarket one I don't recommend is the MSI Evoke

The Tomahawk is another great board that I have recommended(the deals currently on the A-Pro are generally a pretty good savings....currently.). VRM-wise(cpu power) both are really good choices..

However...if spending more for the Tomahawk..i generally recommend paying a little bit more for the x470 MSI gaming plus...for the extra NVME slot. Though if that doesn't add any value...keep with the Tomahawk.

58am663beh931.png

I listed both of those RAM kits....the Delta having RGB and cheaper than the corsair...

and the 3600 speed RAM being best/easy optimal for ryzen 3rd gen...while very similar in cost to the corsair.

3 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

I saw that you were sold out of 5700xt aftermarket....which sucks...I recommend the Sapphire pulse to all those who have it available.(it is available currently in the US) So far...the only aftermarket one I don't recommend is the MSI Evoke

Yeah all we have right now are the reference cards, which aren't really to my liking. I've been checking on it frequently for restocking signs but to no luck at all. And I also seen/read about the Evoke, and as much as possible, I don't want to consider it an option really

8 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

The Tomahawk is another great board that I have recommended. VRM-wise(cpu power) both are really good choices..

However...if spending more for the Tomahawk..i generally recommend paying a little bit more for the x470 MSI gaming plus...for the extra NVME slot. Though if that doesn't add any value...keep with the Tomahawk.

The MSI X470 was another option I am currently looking at, and now that you mention it I'll try to think about it more for a while

I know and it's driving me nuts. The problem is more of getting an opportunity to acquire rather than being able to or not to get the item