MSI Optix G24C Display Issues

So I have been having a weird issues as of late with my MSI G24C monitor. The bottom inch to two inches will have issues displaying the pixels. Almost like they are frozed up. After I leave the monitor on for 10 to 20 minutes the pixels come back showing full display with no lag or any issues at all. Just after it has been turned off for a bit. (Had full screen flicker the other day but it seems to have stopped completely as well) Any help on possibly identifying the cause would be amazing. I have tried different display port cables, and hdmi cables, both having the same issue. Also same issue with two different video cards, GTX 1060 3gb and now Radeon Vega 64. I am fairly certain it is the monitor itself, but is it something I should be worried about immediately or is this common? 

P.S. I did try using the search to see if this has been addressed before but I was unable to find something with the same issue. My apologies if I missed it. 

MonitorIssues.jpg

4 minutes ago, MasterWynde said:

I am fairly certain it is the monitor itself,

Yeap, probably 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

• 5 months later...
On 8/24/2019 at 12:53 PM, MasterWynde said:

So I have been having a weird issues as of late with my MSI G24C monitor. The bottom inch to two inches will have issues displaying the pixels. Almost like they are frozed up. After I leave the monitor on for 10 to 20 minutes the pixels come back showing full display with no lag or any issues at all. Just after it has been turned off for a bit. (Had full screen flicker the other day but it seems to have stopped completely as well) Any help on possibly identifying the cause would be amazing. I have tried different display port cables, and hdmi cables, both having the same issue. Also same issue with two different video cards, GTX 1060 3gb and now Radeon Vega 64. I am fairly certain it is the monitor itself, but is it something I should be worried about immediately or is this common? 

P.S. I did try using the search to see if this has been addressed before but I was unable to find something with the same issue. My apologies if I missed it. 

MonitorIssues.jpg

Any luck with your issue? I've the same here, when I turn on my monitor on 144Hz with DP cable the issue is large, on 120Hz is smaller but exists and on 60Hz there is none.

I've got a mag27cq, got the same issue going on

- DP Cable

- 144hz

Eventually fixes itself with no issues occurring whatsoever, just occurs after having left monitor idle/off for a while. Can't reproduce it by turning monitor off/on.

1 hour ago, Demonly said:

I've got a mag27cq, got the same issue going on

- DP Cable

- 144hz

Eventually fixes itself with no issues occurring whatsoever, just occurs after having left monitor idle/off for a while. Can't reproduce it by turning monitor off/on.

It's seems to be hardware problems, some defective component that doesn't work fine when it's cold, as soon it's hotter the display works fully.

3 hours ago, Marcelo_SEP said:

It's seems to be hardware problems, some defective component that doesn't work fine when it's cold, as soon it's hotter the display works fully.

Good to know, I guess that means the display isn't just gonna crap out on me soon, and I guess I won't notice it in the summer months. I guess that just means I'll eventually replace, what route did you go if you don't mind me asking?

• 1 month later...

My G24C has been doing this for almost a year.  MSI won't acknowledge there's an obvious defect as I've seen many posts and screen shots of this exact issue, and they will do nothing.

Clears up after a while, normally,  today it's just not coming on at all with DP input, Windows thinks it's there, but no signal.

Trying the 15 min power unplug trick to see if it helps at all, next i'll start to disassemble and see if a ribbon cable is maybe not attached well or needs some adjustment.

I've been bitten by MSI in the past, I should have known not to purchase MSI again.  Lesson Learned.

• 1 year later...

To add to this thread, I have had the same problem for my monitor for half a year now. It started with weird horizontal colors on my toolbar. It went away after a while, as the posts above are saying as well. Didn't really mind but last month it started getting worse. Not only horizontal colors appeared, but the screen started flickering so badly it makes it even hard to browse the internet for 15 minutes. It will also kind off half duplicate some elements of the screen 100 pixels to the left of the screen. And with high contrast images it really messes up everything.

I've tried all sorts of things, updating drivers, mixing up different output ports on my graphics card, getting a new DP cable but nothing worked.

I'm sending the monitor back to the shop for 'repairing' even though they probably wont repair it if its a real hardware problem.

Hope it helped some people having the same problem, there's unfortunately just no fix to it.