Is this a good motherboard and adequate cooler for my CPU?

2 minutes ago, ShomBama said:

Some may disagree, but I say yes. I think its adequate.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

That's a very unbalanced build, you've put most of your money into the cpu and gpu, and seem to have neglected the rest.

The 3600 isn't far off the 9700k in ALL workloads, and it's nearly half the price, and you get a free cooler as well. That extra money will allow you to pile money into other areas that desperately need it. Something like this will work:

You can also change the 5700XT to a 2070 Super or 2060 Super if you really want ray tracing or need cuda for something. Also, I don't see why you'd need the windows licence for that kind of price but I've put it in there in the case that you insist on it.

13 minutes ago, ShomBama said:

Try this 

better overal PC, much better PSU, better SSD. You also have upgrade ability here as am4 socket will be supported for till at least end 2020.

Windows 10 keys can be bought fairly cheap on websites like www.g2a.com 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

6 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

Yeah but why the trash ssd, the cougar mx330 (which i suspect won't bring enough airflow for a nuclear reactor like the 9700k) and the windows licence?

Well what case would you recommend around that price?

18 minutes ago, ShomBama said:

depends...are you going to do overclocking? For stock, it is adequate.

I've seen reviews on this board where the VRM temps are off the charts high while overclocking. This is something to think about if you care about longevity 

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

17 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

That's a very unbalanced build, you've put most of your money into the cpu and gpu, and seem to have neglected the rest.

The 3600 isn't far off the 9700k in ALL workloads, and it's nearly half the price, and you get a free cooler as well. That extra money will allow you to pile money into other areas that desperately need it. Something like this will work:

You can also change the 5700XT to a 2070 Super or 2060 Super if you really want ray tracing or need cuda for something. Also, I don't see why you'd need the windows licence for that kind of price but I've put it in there in the case that you insist on it.

Thank you a lot!

26 minutes ago, ShomBama said:

Thank you a lot!

You could also swap the 2070 for a 5700XT to be fair

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD