Cooler master G650m Or Corsair Hx650w? Which is better?

Hey guyz.

Sorry for my bad english.

My friend is selling me these two power supplies for the same price.. one of them is corsair hx650w and other one is g650m.. i wanna know which power supply usually last long and have a good reputation.. i know both of these companies make good power suppies but wanna know which is better? And my pc specs are

Xeon x5670 overclocked at 4.5ghz at 1.4v

Asus sabertooth x58 mobo

R9 380

8 gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

Which Corsair HX 650W is it exactly? There have been several different versions throughout the years.

Does it look like this, or like this?

image.png.62d702faac55fd7813ca44c6334d4863.png

image.png.e1f60e7ddc014f5fb8adcb106addbdd0.png

So if u guys want to check how good a PSU is u can check it on this thread, the LTT PSU Tier list

Personally i would go corsair anyday, if it is new.

According to the thread, any HX series you could pick is either at Tier A or Tier B which is labeled there suitable for "Build Your Own" (BYO) PC use.

As for cooler master's Gm series is at Tier C labeled as prebuilt replacements which isn't really recommended for BYO PCs.

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

1 hour ago, OrionFOTL said:

Which Corsair HX 650W is it exactly? There have been several different versions throughout the years.

image.png.e1f60e7ddc014f5fb8adcb106addbdd0.png

I am talking about the upper one.. 

1 hour ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

So if u guys want to check how good a PSU is u can check it on this thread, the LTT PSU Tier list

Personally i would go corsair anyday, if it is new.

According to the thread, any HX series you could pick is either at Tier A or Tier B which is labeled there suitable for "Build Your Own" (BYO) PC use.

As for cooler master's Gm series is at Tier C labeled as prebuilt replacements which isn't really recommended for BYO PCs.

It isn't new but it's in good condition.. and can you tell me the tier of my psu? I m attaching a pic so u can tell easily

6 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

It isn't new but it's in good condition.. and can you tell me the tier of my psu? I m attaching a pic so u can tell easily

this one is on the tier B, still good but make sure the one ur friend has is in healthy condition

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

1 hour ago, OrionFOTL said:

TIL the HX650 and HX750 from that product series have different modular connectors. Different OEMs so I'm not really surprised, just never really paid attention to it. I guess these days we're spoiled with compatibility from Corsair with Type 3/Type 4 cables you forget about the dark times where different units in the same product series used different cables.

11 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

I am talking about the upper one..  

It's very old, came out around 2009. The HX650 was fairly average back in 2009 (the HX750, HX850, and HX1000 of that series were much better at the time).
I would go with the Cooler Master G650M, it's probably only a few years old (rather than 10 years old) and better quality than the old HX650.

How much is your friend selling them to you for, and why do you need a new power supply? (What's your current power supply?)

1 hour ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

3 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

this one is on the tier B, still good but make sure the one ur friend has is in healthy condition

The Corsair HX650 unit OP has is not included in the PSU Tier List as it has been discontinued for few years short of a decade. The HX models listed in the Tier List are completely different and cannot be compared.
There's also no HX units in Tier B in the PSU tier list you linked to.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

17 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

How can i confirm that is it in healthy condition.. the thing i saw that it doesn't have a single scratch.. 

2 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

How can i confirm that is it in healthy condition.. the thing i saw that it doesn't have a single scratch.. 

You can't. Unfortunately PSUs aren't something you can really test, it's not like say a graphics card where you can install it and run a benchmark and check whether or not it's performing correctly.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

TIL the HX650 and HX750 from that product series have different modular connectors. Different OEMs so I'm not really surprised, just never really paid attention to it. I guess these days we're spoiled with compatibility from Corsair with Type 3/Type 4 cables you forget about the dark times where different units in the same product series used different cables.

It's very old, came out around 2009. The HX650 was fairly average back in 2009 (the HX750, HX850, and HX1000 of that series were much better at the time).
I would go with the Cooler Master G650M, it's probably only a few years old (rather than 10 years old) and better quality than the old HX650.

How much is your friend selling them to you for, and why do you need a new power supply? (What's your current power supply?)

The Corsair HX650 unit OP has is not included in the PSU Tier List as it has been discontinued for few years short of a decade. The HX models listed in the Tier List are completely different and cannot be compared.
There's also no HX units in Tier B in the PSU tier list you linked to.

Thanks for that brief explanation.. i am purchasing this psu because i fried my mobo recently with my crappy dell psu and I don't want to use that anymore.. and my friend is selling both of these power supply at the same price for 20$ can u really gurantee that the cooler master power supply is better then hx650? Because recently when i was searching for these psu most of the info i got was that corsair makes better psu then cooler master (usually).. 

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You can't. Unfortunately PSUs aren't something you can really test, it's not like say a graphics card where you can install it and run a benchmark and check whether or not it's performing correctly.

Yeah that's the problem

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Could u really explain me that it is better then hx650 so I'll buy it immediately

6 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

Thanks for that brief explanation.. i am purchasing this psu because i fried my mobo recently with my crappy dell psu and I don't want to use that anymore.. and my friend is selling both of these power supply at the same price for 20$ can u really gurantee that the cooler master power supply is better then hx650? Because recently when i was searching for these psu most of the info i got was that corsair makes better psu then cooler master (usually).. 

I'm not too familiar with it, but the Cooler Master G650M probably a little better, simply because it's not as old and at least has DC-DC.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Just remember:  It's called "Type 4" because there were three different types that preceded it.  ;)

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

I'm not too familiar with it, but the Cooler Master G650M probably a little better, simply because it's not as old and at least has DC-DC.

It's about four years old:  http://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/06/26/cooler-master-g650m-power-supply/

Yeah... the old HX was Seasonic M12II based.  Not the best platform.

In my opinion you should buy a new PSU.  ?

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

In my opinion you should buy a new PSU.  ?

I can't there is a reason behind that.. just tell me which one is better between those two?

Old PSUs that have been sitting for over a year, especially in heat, can have their bulk caps blow up. 

But to answer your question:  the CM is better. 

58 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Old PSUs that have been sitting for over a year, especially in heat, can have their bulk caps blow up. 

Ok

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

This is the final question and i m really sorry for taking ur time..

My friend also have a tx650w.. i am attaching a picture of that power supply please tell me is it a good power supply then g650m?

CMPSU-650TX-tx650_001.png

52 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

This is the final question and i m really sorry for taking ur time..

My friend also have a tx650w.. i am attaching a picture of that power supply please tell me is it a good power supply then g650m?

CMPSU-650TX-tx650_001.png

Jesus Christ. That PSU is even older. Does your friend have a museum or something?