Cooling a Core i9 9900kf

Hello all. This will be my first time posting. Have really only just started to get my feet wet in the pc building club and need some help. I recently upgraded from a Core i7 7700k to the i9 9900kf and an Asus Tuf Z270 mark 2 to a Asus prime z370-a ii and. The i7 typically ran high 50s to low 60 while under load however my Core i9 9900kf seems to be running hot mid 60 to 80s while under load and idling around 50s. My current build is

Case: thermaltake view 31

Mobo: Asus Prime z370-a ii

Cpu: i9 9900kf

CPU cooler: thermaltake water 3.0 360 riing aio

Thermal Grease: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (thin spread that covers entire IHS)

Graphics card: RTX 2080 super

Memory: 4 x 8 Patriot Viper 4 3200mhz

SSD: samsung 960 512GB

HHD: 2Tb 7200Rpm Toshiba

Currently cannot overclock because of the thermal throttling. Just really would like the system to run cooler. I actually just applied the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut to the build today thinking that may help but still it is running hot. In fact, before I used that compound I was ideling around 40. Is there actually a cure time with Kyronaut? They say there isn't. Just any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Would the NH-D15 be a viable option. Also I did notice that the coolers Heat sink face plate was scratched/ scuffed pretty bad after I cleaned it up. Could that be affecting performance? I'm just trying to figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Don't spread the paste when applying it, the cooler plate will take care of that

About the plate being scratched, clean it with IPA to remove any old paste, scratches shouldn't affect performance

it can help to spread Kryonaut its really thick stuff.

If the aio cpu cooler is older it could be clogged or worn out and not cooling like it should. If it is less than 2 years old you should not have to worry about it being clogged.

Also make sure that the radiator and fans are not clogged ?

I had just cleaned the fans when I was upgrading the CPU and motherboard on the AIO. And with the other thermal paste I was getting roughly the same temps on the CPU package