Can the 3400g handle 4k

Go to solution Solved by Faisal A,

Youtube and netflix.. no problem . Games : no

You can run 4K video on a lga775 xeon. No need to spend that mutch money to view videos,

Hey im looking at building a new computer for my shop, it will be hooked up to a 55 inch sony 4k tv. I just need it to do web browsing and would like to play movies onto the tv, both from downloaded stuff as well as Netflix. I DONT want to use  a separate gpu, im more thinking of using a 3200 or 3400 from AMD. Can these things handle streaming 4k Netflix or youtube for that matter? Most of the downloaded stuff I have is just 1080p so that's not much of a concern.

You can run 4K video on a lga775 xeon. No need to spend that mutch money to view videos,

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

2 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Hey im looking at building a new computer for my shop, it will be hooked up to a 55 inch sony 4k tv. I just need it to do web browsing and would like to play movies onto the tv, both from downloaded stuff as well as Netflix. I DONT want to use  a separate gpu, im more thinking of using a 3200 or 3400 from AMD. Can these things handle streaming 4k Netflix or youtube for that matter? Most of the downloaded stuff I have is just 1080p so that's not much of a concern.

I am pretty sure the 3400g will be able to, not sure about the 3200g.

What are these for?

This is a ZERO games machine, its at work so playing games would not be a good thing lol.

16 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Games : no

Rubbish! The 3400G has HDMI 2.0a and Display port 1.4, so 4K support is native... The question is however, what do you want to run on it? Will it play Crysis in 4K? Probably yes! And CS GO so long as you don't mind 'lower settings' and 60Hz or lower!

But overall, it depends on the game/title...

Ignore any replies that speak in absolutes!

24 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

You're kidding, right? Watch the hundreds of youtube videos of 2400/3400g playing games in 720p and even some in 1080 at acceptable frame rates with the integrated graphics.

3 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@steelo 1image.png.864f5909721181279b25b4ab7f26d451.png080p

Hey, it works!

I've read that the new rpi4 can play 4k on a quad core ARM CPU.

Ryzen 3400g should be able to play 4k videos. just make sure your system has a minimum of 8GB RAM.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

@Chiyawa Even 4GB is enough for video playback. My PC only uses 3GB even though I have 8GB of memory

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

On 8/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, Faisal A said:

Even 4GB is enough for video playback. My PC only uses 3GB even though I have 8GB of memory

That also depends on the contents, the media player you used, compression method, decoding method and some other.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.