THICC 5700 xt has been released

CrazieChipmunk
4 hours ago, CrazieChipmunk said:

well the Thicc card actually seems to have some issues judging by amazon reviews, for an artist the 5700 xt and 5700 will be fine because there gpu's there built for rendering so they should do you fine but nividia is also a good option still because amd drivers are really bad at the moment

The thing is, I am still struggling to decide which one to take. Currently looking at 2070 Super, and maybe 2070 (and not dropping out entirely 5700XT) considering that what I found has 100 Euro difference, 2070 being for 448 Euro's, cheapest I found, and 2070 Super at 547 or something. While they are more field tested and already around for a year, even if 2070 Super just came out, it isn't anything new anyway in such sense since nVidia simply has the support for majority of artists softwares, which is unknown factor for AMD, and because of it I am struggling now since I am looking for a future proof, yet not expensive card, a sweet spot, yet a good investment in future.

The 5700XT is new and I like that fact, it is a great contestant within games, little difference against 2070 and 2080. But the driver support for 2D and 3D softwares for artists and the cooling factor together with noise as a result of it is under question. Meanwhile on the nVidia side...the only decision there is between which card is a better investment for quality, and whether 2070 Super is justified purchase (taking in mind that I could sell it in future)

The 550 Euro mark is the top I am willing to pay for it, but with enough arguments to back the purchase for 2070 Super, since it is basically on par with 2080 regular, and is closer on paper as well since it is just a downgraded 2080.

The rest is explained and described in the thread I mead, maybe you can add your opinion as well that might differ from the one you wrote here.