Photo Editing Laptop for around 750€

Hey guys, a friend of mine is searching for a new Laptop and asked me to help her but im not that up to date in the notebook scene so i wanted to hear your input. She's looking for a Notebook around the 700 - 750€ range (in Germany) and will manly use it for Photo Editing and a little bit of gaming but i already told her that the gaming experience will probably not be the greatest. Battery Life doesn't should be ok but nothing fancy is needed, shes also very flexible on the screen size. For Photo editing she uses light room and apparently she also draws a little bit with something like a wacom tablet. I thought of buying something with an AMD CPU because of the superior graphics but im not sure what is needed for photo editing. Do you have any suggestions on what laptop she should look into?

If she's using Adobe CC software, you'd better look for something with NVidia GPU (because of CUDA). Plus unless she's not going to do color correction on-the-go or already has a display for it, you might want to check for screen specs like sRGB coverage, deltaE and so on. Notebookcheck is great site for this.

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

14 minutes ago, Jynatic said:

a little bit of gaming

What games?

14 minutes ago, Jynatic said:

Battery Life doesn't should be ok but nothing fancy is needed

So fine with low battery life?

Any preference on weight and display size? Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradeable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

@GeneXiS_XShes manly playing Sims 4 and the battery should be big enough that it´s not extremely annoying when your just browsing but shes always going to be plugged in when gaming or editing. The weight and size doesn't matter to her as long as its in like normal bounds (not 5 like the alienware laptops where you need a forklift to cary them). Upgrade able RAM would be nice if its not 16gb (which i doubt you can get at that price point) but 750€ is not that much so im not expecting too much. The display would be nice if its good but i think she has a 27" monitor at home.

Having bought a laptop myself recently in germany getting one with a dedicated grafiks card at that price is not that easy.

For colorwork teh HP Probook x360 440 G1 has a pretty good display and you could also get a pen to draw on the screen for on the go, though its a little over the budget and has no gpu

If shes playing sims only the internal graphics should be enough to be playable though not on high settings

https://store.hp.com/GermanyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=4QW73EA&opt=ABD&sel=NTB

or with an dedicated gpu but only a mx130

https://store.hp.com/GermanyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=4QW72EA&opt=ABD&sel=NTB&lang=de-DE&gclid=CjwKCAjw1_PqBRBIEiwA71rmtdeFpCwT-1xLEXGP4jquYnlvwN-1Ccyz9bS8RJFF5vpq0ywhPQeRXBoCyfcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

@Eumel2@GeneXiS_X What do you guys think of notebooks with ryzen 5 2500U or ryzen 7 3700u Processors? They seem to be very available here unlike laptops with an mx150 like antony recommended in yesterdays video.

37 minutes ago, Jynatic said:

What do you guys think of notebooks with ryzen 5 2500U or ryzen 7 3700u Processors?

3500u/3700u is good but depends on models also

Will get back to you ASAP

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Jynatic said:

@Eumel2@GeneXiS_X What do you guys think of notebooks with ryzen 5 2500U or ryzen 7 3700u Processors? They seem to be very available here unlike laptops with an mx150 like antony recommended in yesterdays video.

i got one with a r5 2500U myself (lenovo yoga 530) and im happy with it , can run league of legends but not much else

I guess you should look for anything with a touchscreen for drawing on the go

750€

Photo Editing and a little bit of gaming

Battery Life doesn't should be ok but nothing fancy is needed

flexible on the screen size

Upgrade able RAM would be nice if its not 16gb

display would be nice if its good but i think she has a 27" monitor at home

Min how many hours of battery life (browsing)? Or don't have particular preference on this?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I would suggest the Lenovo ideapad S540-15IWL 81SW001SMH, or upgraded versions of this model.

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1403644/lenovo-ideapad-s540-15iwl-81sw001smh/specificaties/

800 eur, i5-8265U, 8GB RAM (upgradeable), 256GB SSD (upgradeable), GTX 1650 Max-Q, 70Wh battery

Will do very fine with all her needs, but slightly over budget.

I can get it at a student discount in Belgium, so that might also be the case in Germany.