Only 6 cores enabled 3900x

Go to solution Solved by sharknado34,

Okay I fixed it by resetting the ryzen master software back to default. Kinda strange, but might be something worth looking at if you end up with the same problem as me

For some reason only 6 of my cores are enabled any idea how to fix it? (I tried in bios, but it wouldn't let me select more than 12 cores)...

image.png

Okay I fixed it by resetting the ryzen master software back to default. Kinda strange, but might be something worth looking at if you end up with the same problem as me

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but was hoping maybe you'll see my comments. I may create a new thread otherwise when I'm home later.

I noticed I have the same issue with my 3900x. Only 6 cores show, with 12 threads in task manager and Ryzen Master. However all 24 show up in device manager.

I've been having an insane amount of instability on this processor as of late where the computer will just reboot out of no where. WHEA errors and kernel power outs. In some cases, it will refuse to boot into windows (fresh install) as it cannot find primary boot files.

I ended up RMAing my RAM, m.2, and Motherboard at this point. All have been returned but issue remains. No overclock in play, everything stock on BIOS reset to defaults.

I swapped my 3600 into the board and have the same issue. GPU is a 2080ti that works perfectly fine in my other rig where the 3600 is home, so I'm convinced that's not the issue.

I only first discovered the core count discrepancy last night and popped the 3600 into my main rig, but still have instability.

Do you happen to know what specifically in the Ryzen software is causing the issue?

Did you have stability issues like I'm describing?

I'm not sure if my 3600 shows half the cores too but will check it out once I'm home.

Thanks in advanced.