Replacement for Iphone SE or something else

Jupsik

It's my wife's birthday this weekend and I need a present. I could have thought about this during the 3 week vacation that i just had, but I had to play video games. I think it was unavoidable. In any case, currently, she has an iphone se and it's starting to show its age - she claims it doesn't but i need a gift. From the looks of it she very much likes the smallish size of the SE. Thus, my question is, what would be a good replacement.

Was thinking of the iphone xs simply cause it seems to be ever so slightly smaller than the Xr. If neither of them is a good option i'm also open to other gift ideas. 

In terms of phones, we are utterly locked into the apple ecosystem thus it pretty much has to be an iphone. 

I'm in a similar boat to your wife... I have a 5S, and when iOS 13 comes out, it won't be supported, but i really like the form factor. The SE WILL support iOS 13 if you want to delay the decision.  (the new iPod Touch has the same size, but no phone obviously)

Does she have an iPad?

One thing to consider, we're like 3 weeks from the new iPhone range being released.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

I would suggest Galaxy S10e on Snapdragon (Exynos counterpart is slower), but if Apple ecosystem is holding you, then Xs (or future XI) might do the trick. And how exactly does it show its age? If it's bearable, I'd suggest something else that can be really useful (more than phone upgrade).

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

Thanks to all! 

I'll try to find something other than a new phone for now. 

reasoning as follows:

- She's got an ipad (last birthday :D). 

- the 3 weeks away from next iphone release is quite the problem indeed. 

- also you're right, the iphone se isn't really showing its age, but I mean the touch id is slower than on the newer models. 

- the lockin to the apple ecosystem is real. All of our families have iphones and we live in different countries. Thus, imessage groups are a thing. Also shes got like 2 macbook airs - 1 personal 1 for work. 

- the main problem atm is that i need a gift in 3 days. might for for like a toaster or something... perhaps build her a gaming pc cause that costs about the same as a new iphone xs. She doesn't game, but perhaps there is a chance :o?

1 hour ago, Jupsik said:

Thanks to all! 

I'll try to find something other than a new phone for now. 

reasoning as follows:

- She's got an ipad (last birthday :D). 

- the 3 weeks away from next iphone release is quite the problem indeed. 

- also you're right, the iphone se isn't really showing its age, but I mean the touch id is slower than on the newer models. 

- the lockin to the apple ecosystem is real. All of our families have iphones and we live in different countries. Thus, imessage groups are a thing. Also shes got like 2 macbook airs - 1 personal 1 for work. 

- the main problem atm is that i need a gift in 3 days. might for for like a toaster or something... perhaps build her a gaming pc cause that costs about the same as a new iphone xs. She doesn't game, but perhaps there is a chance :o?

So the budget is approx a thousand dollars if i'm reading this correctly? Why not a holiday or weekend break somewhere?  1000 would get you somewhere pretty nice

(I realise you said youre just back but who doesnt like going on vacation)

50 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

So the budget is approx a thousand dollars if i'm reading this correctly? Why not a holiday or weekend break somewhere?  1000 would get you somewhere pretty nice

(I realise you said youre just back but who doesnt like going on vacation)

Well euros, but we are going to Japan in October for 2 weeks, so vacation is also kinda covered. 

3 minutes ago, Jupsik said:

Well euros, but we are going to Japan in October for 2 weeks, so vacation is also kinda covered. 

New suitcase if you travel a lot? Away make some nice ones for about 250 with built in battery packs