Graphics card no video output

Fungal
Go to solution Solved by Vishera,
Just now, Fungal said:

I just transported my system to college and my 1-2 week old 2080 super is no longer outputting video. I transported my pc in the box my case came in and in the trunk of my car. I tested the monitor and it works on my laptop, and I've also tried another monitor on my pc. The gpu lights and fans come on and I know my pc can still get into windows because of my keyboard rgb. I was able to remote desktop in earlier and it appeared no display was detected. My pc has a 5820k which has no integrated graphics so I know that the gpu must be working in some way if my chrome remote desktop could display anything.

Have tested dp, hdmi, on all gpu ports. Gpu connections are all still solid.

Graphics cards don't do well in transport,sometimes they even get ripped out of the motherboard during transport.

I think you should try to take the card out of the PC and then connect it back.

I just transported my system to college and my 1-2 week old 2080 super is no longer outputting video. I transported my pc in the box my case came in and in the trunk of my car. I tested the monitor and it works on my laptop, and I've also tried another monitor on my pc. The gpu lights and fans come on and I know my pc can still get into windows because of my keyboard rgb. I was able to remote desktop in earlier and it appeared no display was detected. My pc has a 5820k which has no integrated graphics so I know that the gpu must be working in some way if my chrome remote desktop could display anything.

Just now, Fungal said:

Graphics cards don't do well in transport,sometimes they even get ripped out of the motherboard during transport.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

card definitely got damaged in transport in everything you have listed is true. time to start an RMA request.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Thanks a lot. I read somewhere else to do this but then I figured it wasn't worth the time since i could see the pcie lock still in and the card still looked completely normal. Once you replied I decided just to do it so I could confirm it wasn't but this fixed my problem. 

7 minutes ago, Arika S said:

card definitely got damaged in transport in everything you have listed is true. time to start an RMA request.

reseating gpu fixed it. I was gonna do this if I kept running into issues. I've never rma'ed anything before but generally when sending back a gpu are you required to send it in the box it came in.

Just now, Fungal said:

Thanks a lot. I read somewhere else to do this but then I figured it wasn't worth the time since i could see the pcie lock still in and the card still looked completely normal. Once you replied I decided just to do it so I could confirm it wasn't but this fixed my problem. 

Glad i helped,Have fun with your new RTX 2080 ;)

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566