PC restarts without any indication

Shisimona

Past 2 days, my PC been restarting at random times. Either just sitting their idling or playing any game. Theres no BSOD or anything. Just restarts. 

Ryzen 5 2600x

ASUS Prime X470 Pro

G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz 2x8GB

Samsung 970 Plus 512GB M.2 NVM

Seagate 2TB storage drive

Evga Black XC 2070 RTX

Windows 10 64Bit

Seasonic 850 watts Gold Focus

The only thing that has changed with the system in the last 2 days are, 2 new Noctua 140mm industualPPC fans I got. But would 2 fans really cause random restarts? 

Everything is up to date. I even did a Windows 10 update recovery to see if maybe something was corrupted. Still doing the same thing. 

CPU is overclocked 4GHz. I have the Noctua D15 for the cooler. Been using it for about 3 weeks now and temps hit high as 61 degrees. I put it back to stock speeds. Something. 

Video card isn't overclocked. Ram is at stock speeds. 

As I stated at the start, it started doing this 2 days and that's when I put my new fans in. They are connected to the motherboard. I'm waiting for my fan hub to come in.

Unplugged both. Still doing it.

But now I have ran into a new issue. The bios. I always forget about it. So I decided to check for updates. There is. Version 5204. Tried to flash through EZ Flash. Failed. Tried again failed. It failed 7 times before I gave up. What would cause a bios flash to fail. I confirmed it was the right flash file and redownload it. 

Here's an update.

Since last post, I ran Mem86. It did its 4 passes and ran with no errors. I can rule the ram out.

I then ran Furmark once I got into windows. Put it on extreme burn in to put max load. Ran for half hour without issues. Temps got were around 69 degrees.

Tried to load up a game, restarts. I let the GPU cool down for 5 mins before I started up the game.

7 out of 10 tries, the second it got into windows, my mouse and keyboard would loose power and my screen would black out. But it never restarted. I had sound. 

But the 3 times it did load, I did a diagnosis test on my SSD. Ran without any errors or issues. So I think I can rule this isn't the cause. 

I'm leaning towards possible failing power supply or motherboard. 

I won't have much time to look at til again Tuesday night. I'm also leaving it off til then.

There are also updates for the HDD, check to see if you have one available using the serial number and the following link:

Besides that also run the following two commands:

• CHKDSK
  • sfc /scannow 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming