CERTIFICATE error on a website I can't open on firefox, edge

Go to solution Solved by Condex,

Must disable HTTPS EVERYWHERE for the site(dont activate the extension for that site "Disable HTTPS everh..." cuz to restore the setting to enable and be able to access the site you'll have to RESET SETTINGS to DEFAULT for the entire extension.)

Case closed.

dRlN2wK.png

MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

HTTP Strict Transport Security: false

HTTP Public Key Pinning: false

I tried installing CHROME and it works there, I tried installing the whole set of "privacy extensions" and it worked there too.

on edge and firefox I'm getting the website changed to this url:

https://www.scrapebox.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I didnt modified the EDGE browser settings

It's a self-signed certificate, not signed by a trusted CA (certificate authority). Unless you specifically tell your PC to trust that certificate, you are going to get the security errors, because this is insecure.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Out of curiosity, what AV are you running?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Pretty much what it says... It's not going to work, why don't you just buy a certificate? 

image.png.6248eaa127f0b3def3440bb5a0b1e3d0.png

6 hours ago, Chunchunmaru_ said:

Pretty much what it says... It's not going to work, why don't you just buy a certificate? 

image.png.6248eaa127f0b3def3440bb5a0b1e3d0.png

It's not my site I dont see the BUY button, sorry

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Out of curiosity, what AV are you running?

MD if it was the AV it should be blocking the chrome browser which is the only one of the 3 that works.

9 hours ago, jj9987 said:

It's a self-signed certificate, not signed by a trusted CA (certificate authority). Unless you specifically tell your PC to trust that certificate, you are going to get the security errors, because this is insecure.

how?

I downloaded and added the CERT manually = nothing

accepted the browser for it to be added as an exception like "accept the risk"  = nothing

I remove the exception try it again, nothing happens, it loops all the time and even advance / accepting the risk option doesnt seem to be working.

Is there an about:config option that could null CERT acceptance ignore it like u never accept it?

2 hours ago, Condex said:

MD if it was the AV it should be blocking the chrome browser which is the only one of the 3 that works.

Well, I know from experience that some AVs can be bit tricky when websites are using un-signed certificates. So if you disable AV and try, and it works, then thats the issue. I have had this with BitDefender.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, I know from experience that some AVs can be bit tricky when websites are using un-signed certificates. So if you disable AV and try, and it works, then thats the issue. I have had this with BitDefender.

Disabled everything seems no change to me

• 2 weeks later...

Must disable HTTPS EVERYWHERE for the site(dont activate the extension for that site "Disable HTTPS everh..." cuz to restore the setting to enable and be able to access the site you'll have to RESET SETTINGS to DEFAULT for the entire extension.)

Case closed.