Armor Revo Spartan Edition...My first build ever

RE Spartan

what do you mean dual channel?  the pc recognizes all 8gb of it.  what is dual channel? will it run faster in dual channel? what do i need to do to get in dual channel?  The ram i have actually does fit next to the cooler... it just wouldn't be as visible as I like so i used the other slots...

depending on what your mobo manual says your ram should ideally be in slot 1 and the other in slot 3 or it may say for one to be in slot 2 and the other in slot 4 for optimal performance.

If you're fine with it then just leave it  

Eh doesnt realy matter, but there should be 1 slot in between the ram. I only have 1 stick of 8gb ram and it realy doesnt matter that im not in dual chanel, neither does it for you. Just leave it, there will be no differeance.

since you only have 1 8gb ram stick how would it run dual channel anyways your 1 stick of ram runs fine on its own and only utilizes dual channel where there is two sticks running  sharing the bandwidth of the two modules, thus reducing system latencies, and the timing delays 

Wow! thats really good!  Good job! 

thank you kind person

Did you paint the ram heatsinks without taking out the RAM!?

yep..just taped it off.. plasti dip isnt conuctive once dry so the risk of damage or whatever is extremely minimal .. and if you are wondering, no, it doesnt get hot at all..in fact it is almost what i would consider cool to the touch

depending on what your mobo manual says your ram should ideally be in slot 1 and the other in slot 3 or it may say for one to be in slot 2 and the other in slot 4 for optimal performance.

If you're fine with it then just leave it  

but does running it in "dual channel" make a performance difference?

your ram is in the last two slots. for ideal performance it should be in 1 and 3... depending on what your mobo instructions say but most likely 1 and 3

what kind of a difference are we talking?

yep..just taped it off.. plasti dip isnt conuctive once dry so the risk of damage or whatever is extremely minimal .. and if you are wondering, no, it doesnt get hot at all..in fact it is almost what i would consider cool to the touch

The heat didn't bother me, I've painted my fair share of parts but I usually take everything apart. I never thought about using plastic dip. I might have to try that next time. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

but does running it in "dual channel" make a performance difference?

yes because then one ram stick wouldn't be taking all the load dual channel will run applications faster

Sorry but in the beginning it looked really bad with the blue sorta sleeving xD 

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

I don't know about that first part, but for shipping, all you'd need to do is go to your local hardware store, get a wooden crate, and a ton of those packing beans, shove em in the case, and get some Styrofoam for outside of the case.

I wouldn't put packing peanuts inside my computer... It will build static... I wouldn't want to kill my system while it's shipping.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

The heat didn't bother me, I've painted my fair share of parts but I usually take everything apart. I never thought about using plastic dip. I might have to try that next time. 

i love plasti dip..if you mess up, you can just peel it of.  but if you tape something off you will need to cut the tape out of the plasti dip or when you try to remove the tape it will just peel off the plasti dip with it...and i used the tape with the least amount of adhesive so it wouldn't leave residue on the pcb

yes because then one ram stick wouldn't be taking all the load dual channel will run applications faster

got it switched now..

V8 is an awesome cooler. It's amazing how far this thing came.

thank you for the compliment kind person.

• 2 months later...

I found a guy on craigslist that wanted to trade his fast ram for my slower ram...HELL YEAH!!! I now have 2133 ram!!!  I just gotta paint it now...

10010223_835271453156069_768491929368358

• 1 month later...

I got bored and decided to throw my 660 ti in as a physx card until it's time to put it in the wifies build.

10320929_852155571467657_230527124913304