Gaming Rig For Under 800

dtleonard

The core of the build looks good but I see you haven't included any storage so I'm just going to assume you already have something to use

But if you didn't a single 1TB hhd and adding either a 64 or 120gb ssd will really do wonders for day to day performance. Even if you can't afford it right now, it's still worth upgrading at any time

Although do make sure to get some proper fans for your H100i. Spectre pros are good, cheap fans that come in many varieties of color with and without leds.

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

what about ram didnt see it in your list?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

what about ram didnt see it in your list?

Its only the pic thats not there, he has 1600Mhz 2x4Gb Crucial ram

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

The only thing I can see having the possibility for trouble is the power supply. Corsair is great and it's Bronze but a 7870 under intense load can pull over 300 watts (rare) and then adding on the 125w TDP for the CPU might be close. That's just me, and I've always been overly-careful about wattages. Generally it's not too much more expensive for a hundred more watts though.

you should avoid the MSI 970A-G46 if you're planing to overclock, The VRM is not very good on it.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Looks decent. Don't know that much about AMD motherboards, though.

Thanks guys

sorry for the late reply 

Yes i have a hard drive with all of my games and software

If the power supply isn't sufficient enough is there a power supply you guys would recommend?