Custom BIOS, is it worth it?

Hello there! I am currently running an I7-4790 (non-k) 3.6ghz on my MSI H81M-P33 V1 with 2x8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz RAM with the 1.10 version BIOS. I've seen a lot of talk around the internet of overclocking non-K CPU's and RAM with custom versions of BIOS, but I can't seem to find an solid source to offer me all the info that I'm looking for.

*So firstly, if I actually manage to do this and somehow achieve my overclocking "locked" components dream, will it be worth all the fuss?

*Secondly if anyone has info on this matter or suggestion I would like to hear it.

*I know this topic might be stupid, but I'm just looking for more knowledge anyways.

Worth? No, not really. You lose all sorts of monitoring capabilities, you introduce multiple points of instability and all the effort and hassle of potentially messing up something for a 100-200MHz clock increase.

No. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD