speaker Syncing

LamoidZombieDog

So i have 2 Vizio Soundbars. These are the old ones that look like

Image result for vizio sound bar 5.1

Not The fancy new looking ones. i have one speaker that came with the basic remote (no fancy screen or what ever that is) and the wireless subwoofer, And another one which was purchased as just the soundbar, no subwoofer or anything. i noticed that they sound different. i tested then both, and it seems like the one without the subwoofer is slightly deeper, to compensate for not having a subwoofer. On the back, the "service port" is smaller on the one with the Sub, over the one without it. Basically, what i want to do is put them together. i mounted them side by side along a wall, to create a 72" Speaker Bar. since i knew bluetooth would cause sound lag, i went for this method. i simply hooked up both speakers to a splitter, and plugged it into my computer. First, the splitter had a messed up plug. the one that said mic, wouldnt output sound (makes no sense, it was a standard splitter). i switched it to a different one, now sound is coming out. but they are slightly off. i took off the extension cable on one of the speakers, to see if that caused issues. But no. they are just slightly off. How can i fix this? should i order 2 of the exact same cables and do that? One needs to be Longer as my computer is half under the left soundbar. Also, the speaker on the left (the one with the subwoofer) seems to be quieter, and needs to be a higher volume to make both equal. that one is a little older, but that shouldnt matter. So how can i sync them to be the exact same? as long as they are synced, i dont see why them playing together would sound bad, as one is deeper and one has the subwoofer, it would sound fine.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Since they are not passive speakers and they have audio processing built in they have different delays because they aren't the same.

You can't "fix" it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Since they are not passive speakers and they have audio processing built in they have different delays because they aren't the same.

You can't "fix" it.

Why would they have audio processing built in? and why would it be different if its the same speaker? just one came with the feature of being to wirelessly connect to the sub, and one cant connect to a sub.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

Why would they have audio processing built in? and why would it be different if its the same speaker? just one came with the feature of being to wirelessly connect to the sub, and one cant connect to a sub.

if i were to purchase 2 of the same soundbars, one of the newer ones, both with Subs so it was the exact same, would it be synced? i wanted to do this without buying a new system as i have over 300$ in speakers right here. but 

3 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Because that's how active speakers work, they take the audio input, convert it to digital, do a bunch of eq and other stuff then convert to analogue and amplify.

The one that connects to the sub is probably a newer or different model with different circuitry inside.

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

if i were to purchase 2 of the same soundbars, one of the newer ones, both with Subs so it was the exact same, would it be synced? i wanted to do this without buying a new system as i have over 300$ in speakers right here. but 

I assume they would probably be the same, but not 100% sure

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Because that's how active speakers work, they take the audio input, convert it to digital, do a bunch of eq and other stuff then convert to analogue and amplify.

The one that connects to the sub is probably a newer or different model with different circuitry inside.

its the same type, over the newer versions. but the board must be different, as the port on the back for service is completely different. and it has a different model as it has the feature to wirelessly connect to the sub, where as the other one cant connect to it.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:53 PM, Enderman said:

i hooked up the 2 speakers to a USB "3d Sound" device, and now the audio is synced. i needed to anyways because iwas out of ports, so i bought this for one speaker. turns out now they are both synced. i guess the front headphone port on my pc is shit.