3700x vs 3600 and B450 vs X570 Taichi

Hey guys,

I need your help with deciding my upgrade path. Im on Z170-K and 6600k right now.

So CPU wise for now a 3600 wld be sufficient. 3700x could come in handy as Im making music.

1. Would you...

- A: Buy Ryzen 5 3600 and see how my workloads develop. [209€]

If I need more multicore performance, I can still upgrade to that and if I do itll be 4000 series, which will probably have other improvements as well, maybe even another bump in single core performance. So I'd not only jump another tier, but also generation.

- B: Buy Ryzen 7 3700x, enjoy slight edge in gaming and be prepared for any realistic future music making and gaming demands. [350€]

Id mostly not consider Ryzen 4000 anymore in this case, unless its gonna be vastly better energy, overclocking or SC performance wise. What if ryzen 4000 gets a "likeable" bump in single core performance though - that'd come in handy for gaming as well as making music, since DAWs profit from that? I'd mostly miss out on the latter, as I wont jump from hexa 3000 to octa 4000 but from octa core to octa core in this scenario. There will probably be less possible justification for doing the latter.

I think 3900x is definitely overkill for now. Id only buy it if I really know I do need its computing power.

2. Would you...

- A: Buy B450 and ditch many features apart from PCIe 4.0 [100€]

- B: Buy X570 Taichi by ASrock [320€]

with the possibility of TB3 (essential for music production if I upgrade devices!!!), guaranteed 4000 series support and probably easier taming of a 12core or 16core tier should I need that, BT5.0 (which I'd actually use), Wifi 6, M.2 Cooling already there, better IO, better build quality, the better Intel Lan, flashback button and other quality of life features, the possibility of PCIe 4.0.

I know your probably asking yourself: why the Taichi mate? Well, its actually the build quality, intel lan, bluetooth and TB3 that I'm after. Therefor, I dont even consider like a 190€ X570 Prime or sth like that. As I'd mostly effectively pay 90ish € for PCIe 4.0 only, which out of all these upsides (apart from better VRMs than B450) is the least attractive one to me. As far as I've seen, the Taichi is the cheapest one with TB3 support out there.

Prices:

1.A + 2.A = ~309€ gets me a CPU upgrade but a MB downgrade feature and quality wise (realtek instead of intel lan etc) and the board probably wont be able to handle 12 and 16 core 4000 series, if it handles 4000 series at all. Also, if I ever need TB3 or PCIe 4.0 I need to upgrade. If I need bluetooth or wifi, Ill have to look at an ugly dongle all the time, but I could live with that.

1.B + 2.A = ~ 450€ gets me the same Motherboard downsides, but an amazing CPU. I probably wont consider 4000 series then anymore, and if I dont up my music making and game developers dont start favoring octa over hexa core, Ill have overspent cpu wise. (150 bucks)

1.A + 2.B = 529€ gets me a decent CPU upgrade and a MB with all the features I could ever think of needing + just better feel, quality and stuff like bluetooth and wifi 6 without going through any hassle. Its fan is higher quality than a low end X570 board. Should I need more computing power, 4000 series will more likely be compatible than with B450 - especially the higher tier 12 and 16 core models. Should I not end up needing more computing power, but just TB3 then I dont need to do anything but buy a TB3 card. And all the while I can enjoy BT, Intel Lan, better look and quality, better IO, possibility of using PCIe 4.0 etc.

1.B + 2.B = 670€ another whopping 140 bucks more than 3600 and X570. Quite expensive already to the point where im not sure if getting a 3900x and B450 wouldve been the better option (529+100€ = 629!!!!, gets me a 12 core instead of a hexa core)

what do you guys think? I have some sort of blockade, I dont know which combination to get anymore. I really appreciaty any help haha

Greetings, Chris

#spoiledLifeProblems