Any Recomendations for this Build?

HooliChat

Thanks in advance for any advice.  I currently want to stay under $1500. Will mostly be used for gaming. Also, I am using an Ultrawide 1440p monitor with free sync monitor with g sync support

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.90 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($38.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ B&H)
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: *Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: *EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($619.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: *EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($96.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1397.82

PSU is overkill wattage wise, get something at 550-650W. Don't get the 212, it's a pain in the ass to mount and the 3600 should come with a pretty decent cooler

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.90 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($48.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($117.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($619.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1312.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-10 23:26 EDT-0400

Here's the direction that makes sense for best value for the dollar.  That CPU cooler should be whisper-quiet while allowing you to overclock the Ryzen 5 to your heart's content.  The SSD is better quality (and performance) vs the 660p and the Meshify C case is heralded for its superior airflow and ease of cable management.

Note: The trick with being able to get-away with out of box support on that B450 motherboard is to use MSI's USB BIOS-Flash utility (Q-Flash).  You put the newest BIOS on a USB drive and flash the BIOS using a specialized button near your IO USB port (detailed info on MSI website to do this easily).  Allows you to update the BIOS w/ no CPU or memory present so it can then accept that Ryzen 3600 no problem.  It's only worth paying more for the X570 motherboard if you really need the PCIe 4.0 support or USB 3.2 Gen 2 (god these USB standard names are getting bad).

19 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

PSU is overkill wattage wise, get something at 550-650W. Don't get the 212, it's a pain in the ass to mount and the 3600 should come with a pretty decent cooler

Thank you! I definitely will keep that in mind it’s been a while since I’ve built a computer I completely overlooked the computers actual necessary wattage.

13 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.90 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($48.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($117.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card  ($619.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1312.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-10 23:26 EDT-0400

Here's the direction that makes sense for best value for the dollar.  That CPU cooler should be whisper-quiet while allowing you to overclock the Ryzen 5 to your heart's content.  The SSD is better quality (and performance) vs the 660p and the Meshify C case is heralded for its superior airflow and ease of cable management.

Note: The trick with being able to get-away with out of box support on that B450 motherboard is to use MSI's USB BIOS-Flash utility (Q-Flash).  You put the newest BIOS on a USB drive and flash the BIOS using a specialized button near your IO USB port (detailed info on MSI website to do this easily).  Allows you to update the BIOS w/ no CPU or memory present so it can then accept that Ryzen 3600 no problem.  It's only worth paying more for the X570 motherboard if you really need the PCIe 4.0 support or USB 3.2 Gen 2 (god these USB standard names are getting bad).

Thank you very much! I hadn’t taken that board into consideration but I definitely will now. Do you think it would be wise to potentially take the cost savings from the original price and look for a higher end 2080?

11 hours ago, HooliChat said:

Do you think it would be wise to potentially take the cost savings from the original price and look for a higher end 2080?

If you really think you'd see a difference you could.  I would almost rather see you put the money into something more substantial like:

-upgrade to a Ryzen 3700x (or more) and have more cores for down the road, which should give you a bit more mileage on that platform (unless you think you're going to stick to games that only use 6 cores for the life of the comp), if you don't plan to heavily overclock the CPU as-is you could take the money from that Scythe cooler and keep the CPU cooler stuck, and shunt that money into the higher CPU

-Another option is to lower the GPU to an RTX 2070 Super (almost on-par with 2080 for less money), and save money that way and either keep it or dump it into the above CPU change or add a bunch of RGB I guess?  *Shrugs*  Could get a fancier case for RGB reasons.