New TV, HDMI and PS4 Pro

uberfunk

Bought a Samsung UN55RU7100F. I was told my PS4 pro in 4K would work on this and it doesn't. It has HDMI 2.0 when I need 2.0a. I guess the difference is 2.0a supports HDR... Is there some sort of custom firmware or something I can install on the thing to support this? It has all the other hardware to support HDR and says it does in their site and paperwork. But doesn't support it thought the port? Lame. I can't return the TV either since it was an open box deal.

I think the HDMI 2.0a upgrade is a hardware upgrade so a software upgrade wont fix it. HDMI 2.0 can run 4K. That's it. 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nvm read the question wrong

1 hour ago, uberfunk said:

Bought a Samsung UN55RU7100F. I was told my PS4 pro in 4K would work on this and it doesn't. It has HDMI 2.0 when I need 2.0a. I guess the difference is 2.0a supports HDR... Is there some sort of custom firmware or something I can install on the thing to support this? It has all the other hardware to support HDR and says it does in their site and paperwork. But doesn't support it thought the port? Lame. I can't return the TV either since it was an open box deal.

Contact Samsung and ask when / if they have a firmware update coming out for HDMI 2.0a support. Otherwise replace the TV, or use a time machine to go back in time and do more thorough research before buying it to ensure it actually supports your use case.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

that tv does support hdr 4k 60htz 444. from apps on device, sticks (like roku) and game consoles . you dont have something set right or the hdmi cable is sub par or to long....i have the same tv just my region ...the only thing that has issues with hdr is a comp and win 10 with the 7100