RTX 2080 vs 2080 super

Hello fellow forum users!

I am currently still rocking my first gaming build and it is time for a major upgrade.

I am considering buying a LG 34GK950F monitor (3440x1440 @144Hz) and I want to use an RTX 2080 (Super) GPU.

(Originally planned 2080Ti but even that cannot max 144Hz at ultra settings and pricing is stupid)

All reviewers talk about a 5% performance increase over the standard 2080 which they say is ok because it comes at the same MSRP.

HOWEVER... I live in Belgium and they are not the same price.

RTX 2080 Gigabyte Gaming OC = 688 euro

RTX 2080 SUPER Gigabyte Gaming OC = 766 (+11%)

SO it is 11% more expensive do you guys and girls recommend buying a super card for the extra 5 percent performance (3-5 fps in most games) and hopefully being able tO re-sell it at a better price? or should I stick with the regular RTX 2080?

Many thanks and sorry for the long post !

11 minutes ago, AleXileD said:

Hello fellow forum users!

I am currently still rocking my first gaming build and it is time for a major upgrade.

I am considering buying a LG 34GK950F monitor (3440x1440 @144Hz) and I want to use an RTX 2080 (Super) GPU.

(Originally planned 2080Ti but even that cannot max 144Hz at ultra settings and pricing is stupid)

All reviewers talk about a 5% performance increase over the standard 2080 which they say is ok because it comes at the same MSRP.

HOWEVER... I live in Belgium and they are not the same price.

RTX 2080 Gigabyte Gaming OC = 688 euro

RTX 2080 SUPER Gigabyte Gaming OC = 766 (+11%)

SO it is 11% more expensive do you guys and girls recommend buying a super card for the extra 5 percent performance (3-5 fps in most games) and hopefully being able tO re-sell it at a better price? or should I stick with the regular RTX 2080?

Many thanks and sorry for the long post !

what i recommend... buy a rtx 2080 and oc it. it will about the same performance xD 

i have the lg 32gk650f(1440p) but i have an gtx 1070sc from evga. not a good match. the difference is big enough between the 2070 and 2070 super to make it justifiable to be bought. However... the rtx 2080 super is a joke. 

see this video. benchmarks for games start about 6 minutes in. 

You will laugh, trust me. xD

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

20 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

what i recommend... buy a rtx 2080 and oc it. it will about the same performance xD 

i have the lg 32gk650f(1440p) but i have an gtx 1070sc from evga. not a good match. the difference is big enough between the 2070 and 2070 super to make it justifiable to be bought. However... the rtx 2080 super is a joke. 

see this video. benchmarks for games start about 6 minutes in. 

You will laugh, trust me. xD

Thanks for the reply. Was also wondering about resell value and the increased memory speed for higher resolutions but i found some benchmarks on techgage for 3440x1440.
https://techgage.com/article/nvidias-geforce-rtx-2080-super-at-1080p-1440p-ultrawide/6/

How are you liking that monitor btw?
I am still kind of doubting between ultrawide and high refresh rate as i do actually play mostly: Apex legends, CSGO, PUBG, Tomb raider but mostly shooter games

i love the monitor. and im sure that i will love it even more when i have a gpu that can support it's resolution better. the difference between 27 inch (my previous monitor) and 32 inch is pretty noticable haha. 

the memory speed wont really matter that much. the 2080 is the better buy. but wait a bit more since prices will drop even more. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate